chapter-11- another mission

Hanna

I can't believe I'm doing this. I tightened my book bag and snuck past the second door. I placed my head on the door to see if I could hear anyone or anything. the portal was below ground and required wings to get there. not many know about the hidden portal. the only reason I would ever know of it is that a friend of mine that manages the security told me for safety. I rounded the last corner and began to walk through the narrow hall. 

the voice in my head was telling me just to go back but that didn't overcome the fear of what would happen to adam. he needed me. and I would never abandon him. kill him, yes but I would never leave him. 

I pushed the door open that was at the end of the hall and there it was. the room was huge like an underground cave. there were crystals that hung from the ceiling which lit the room brightly. 

this was the part I always hated. I positioned myself t the center of the floor and closed my eyes. "Horize" I whispered to myself. the light became brighter and bright so much when I opened my eyes all I saw was white. the portal began to open as a small circle in front of me. as the portal was getting bigger I called out Adam's name. nothing responded for a bit. when i was about to call out his name again he came into view. he smiled brightly at me. 

"you came!" there was a little girl behind him. i gave him a questioning look. 

"come on hurry up before someone comes. we have to do this fast." i looked back behind me the door the still closed. he grabbed the little girls hand before stepping through the portal. 

"i really cant believe you came! i feel like i'm on the run" he smiled more to himself. i just stared at the little girl while she stared at me. she raised her eyebrows at me making my eyes go wide. 

"Adam.. who is this" i said making him turn to me. 

"this is.... Emma. she help me find the phone booth to contact you and i kind of promised her she can follow me" he had to be kidding  

"Adam. you know the place you are trying to go is earth right? we can hide our wing how are we going to hide her identity from the humans" i looked back at the door forgetting where we were for a second. Adam was also glancing at it also. 

"i'm not sure yet but we'll figure it out but we need to go right now. he quickly turned from us and started whispering words. when the light around us started to shine i went to stop him so we can think about this some more but it was to late. the portal to earth was open. Emma looked at it in awe as i hid my wings away. i would be lying if i said i was really calm right now because inside i was panicking. death was going to kill me when he finds out i helped his weapon run away. but i already died once it cant hurt the second time. 

i took off the jacked and hat i was wearing and put it on the girl that will cover her a bit so she doesn't stand out. "if we are going to do this we do this right. no trouble. " i said mostly to Adam but to the girl too. i cant picked up a random child to tag alone. Adam nodded hiding his wings. we all stepped through the portal allowing it to close sealing our fate. "this Adam guy i heard thing about him and not all good. 

"well good or not i want to know if he knows something. where can we find him" he said with determination more than i would like. 

 "first we need to find taxi 6. it will take us to him. the trouble with that is that it is nearly impossible to find it in a city like this. by the way... new York really."

"it was the first city that came to mind." he shrugged. i rolled my eyes and looked around to the streets. of course it was filled with a lot of people. we were in the alley was not to far from it. 

"damn.. here is the plan. there about a thousand taxi in the city so find it will be hard but i know someone that can help us out. you just need to give me a second." i turned away closing my eyes and started to focus. after about a few seconds something in my mind clicked and the message was sent. 

"you know everyone" Adam said chuckling. "but hey.. as long as it works" 

" good to know you love using me.  now come on. my friend know we're coming." Adam lightly jogged to my side while Emma follow behind saying nothing. i gritted my teeth and reached for her hand. she looked shocked for a moment before relaxing and allowing me to hold her hand. i didn't need her getting lost i already have enough on my hands as is. 

we entered the crowd and blended in. the friend we were going to was named mica. she was one of Adams informant but also a old friend. the city was loud and bright. i smiled at the old time when i was human. when i was alive. i wanted to have a family in the city and get married. i always wanted a baby someone that was apa-. i shook my head that isn't important right now. i grabbed Adams wrist with my other hand and turned direction. the store she was in was coming up. its now or never...