chapter-10-Old Friends.

David -

If there's one thing I hate its greed. Or mishandled of power that a person poor thing was given. This place is what gave me my hatred that I never knew existed within me. Nothing changed. I walked through the halls I once roam thousands of years ago. The cage I was once trapped in.

The hums of low voices filled my ears. My frown deep end knowing I was walking into a confrontation. when the doors open the first thing I saw was the core. is stood in the center of the room. I could feel the power radiating off of it. 

"David?" a male voice spoke and I recognized it to be Momus. God of satire, writers, and poets. his eyes were alight violet that was cover with blonde hair. he jogged over to me pulling me into a hug. "by the gods, you came" his voice filled with joy. I smiled at him and gave him a light laugh. he was one of the few I still spoke to in this place. "how are you. fine, I hope." his hands rest on each side of my arms. 

"I came because I was called my Lilith. some rumor she found troubling," I said noticing the room was fairly empty. 

"yes yes... about that. we are in trouble time right now. and we have called as many of the gods as we could to come here." I could the distaste that filled me when he spoke of other gods. 

"tell me, my friend, what is happening," I said. he led me over to the chair and let me take a seat next to him. 

"there has been an increase in violence involving different crimes committed by demons. we have reason to believe that the devil is trying to start a war. we believe that he is looking for the key." anger blinded me for a minute. I feared that history will repeat itself.  

"what do you mean?" I growled lower. "Momus we can't let this happened again! I won't let this happen again. this time we should kill him or at least lock him down in the depth of realms."

"I know, my friend. I am trying to resolve the issue as best I can inside the law that was made before" screw the law that this point. I will break any law needed. before I would argue more with him. I heard the clicking of heels. 

Artemis.

 not a thing changed. she still wore pants with a bow at her side. the only thing that was shocking was that she was wearing heels. I never got along with her because she was attractive to the male's eyes but I never saw her nothing more as a woman. she was walking towards us in silence. "David" she greeted. 

I nodded back. "artemis" 

"If you two are going to speak of such serious matters, you might as well talk to us all. come let us meet with some old friends." without waiting for an answer she spun around and left us feeling both annoyed. I pinched the bridge of my nose. 

"Let us get this over with my friend," Momus said. 

Adam -

"Are you sure this is the place?" I asked Emma. she lead us to this lowly managed motel. people stared at us like we were just apart of there imagination. 

"they would put something so important in the public. come on. it's in this room down there" she headed down the stairs right in front of us. taking a deep breath I followed her. I believe this place was the earth's version of a bar. maybe even the same. but I did notice before we went into the room everyone was eating this rock-like substance. so I asked her what they were. 

"those are banros. the effect of consuming them is the extreme high you get from them. the REAL purpose of them was to use them against the enemy in war. they would get them so high they would never come down." she pointed to the other side of the room. there it was. "okay let's get this over with. I'm not a fan of this place." I nodded agreeing with her. 

I placed in the only number I knew. 

ring 

ring 

rin-

"Hello?" I almost clasped in relief.  

"H-Hanna! I need your help. thank god you finally picked up this time"

"Adam? I swear Adam if your getting me in trouble right now, ill kill you myself," she said angrily. I only rolled my eyes at her statement and threat.

"yeah yeah, I love you too. I need you too open a portal for me." Silence filled the call then a minute later hanna sighed.

"To where?"

"To earth. I need to find a man called Adam." I said looking down at Emma. She gave me a intense look.

"T-the first Adam? Adam, this is big people we're talking about. Powerful I mean." I heard a rustling in the background indicating that she was moving.

" yes I know but you need to know something about me and is telling other people."

There was silence that filled the call again. Then hana spoken harshly "damn it adam, I'm going to get in trouble because of you. I'm coming too. Because only God knows where your going. Give me some time and don't move from where you are" the line went dead.

Emma looked at me with expectation. "Is she coming?"

" yeah.... she told us not to move from this spot." I said while emma nodded in agreement.

"You never mentioned, the first adam" she said back to a monotone voice.

"I don't really know anything. I may have heard his name once or twice but he knows about me. And I'm going to find out."