Chap 11 - One of Us Goes

Dedicated to that_nutella_tho for also keeping up! I really appreciate it. <3

***

"I don't know what made you think sending it at the same time would be a good idea."

Keith grumbles. "How was I supposed to know that you two would be together?"

"Because I drop her home everyday?" Terry retorts. They go back and forth on this conversation for a while.

Terry and I made it a point to have a serious conversation with Keith about his message to us the next day, but Keith didn't make it easy. At first he acted as if nothing had happened, that everything was the same as always. Even the whispers in the hallway about our possible suspension took a backseat in the list of important things we had to address.

As we figured, Mark and Evan already knew. If they didn't, Keith would've made the announcement to all of us in the group chat. He didn't. It also didn't help that neither Mark nor Evan were surprised or confused when Keith didn't show up to school.

He's not very confrontational, at all. I've always had a hard time getting him to open up, though he could say the same thing about me. With him, however, it's more extreme; Keith has siblings, but I don't know any of their names, their ages, whether he's close with them or not, etc.

"We've been best friends for eight years now. Eight. I should've been the first to know," Terry says. He says it with a bit of anger in his voice, but more than anything it's sad. He has every right to be.

"That's exactly why I couldn't just tell you. How do I toss out eight years? And for what? Some stupid school in Brooklyn?"

The mention of Brooklyn catches my attention. I lower my pencil to the table, my eyes glued on Keith. A million thoughts race through my mind. "Did you say Brooklyn?"

Keith nods. "It's where my mom is relocating for work."

Terry looks at Keith, looks at me, looks at Keith, then looks back at me. A wave of realization comes over him before he packs his things and storms out of the library.

"Terry- wait," I call, but Keith stops me. He tells me to stay put and goes after him.

***

Now how can I thank you guys for bringing me to almost 700 reads?!!!! I'm more than thankful. But I'd like to thank people who attempted to read my book, and those who did, and voted, etc. Thanks for sticking up with the book even though I took like 3 months drafting, and I'm super sorry!! I'm trying, but summer is busy! Anyways, please don't delete my book, please keep until its over, and I guess you should do the use right?

-Kendall.