I get my Butt kicked by a Goat

(I just want to say- THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS READ AND COMMENTED I would not have continued this story without you!!!)

That night I had the craziest dream.

It started off horrible. I was back at one of my foster parent's houses- the weird guy who collected dead animals. I was sitting in the dirt, crying over my bloody knee I had received for falling down a small hill. I remembered this like it was yesterday- Mr, Willet's face as he rocked in his stupid rocking chair. "Justin," he had said. "You got to get up."

"But it hurts," I blubbered, pointing to my battle scar.

He had sighed. "Justin, you got to suck it up and be a man. Like your father was, you want to be like your father right?"

"I don't know who my father is!" I wailed. "I hate him!"

He had leaned forwards so fast I had sucked wind. The burn of his hand against my cheek momentarily shocked me into silence. "Your father was one of the greatest soldiers this country ever had- don't you dare disrespect him..." the rest of his words faded as I found myself in a dark room, the lights flickering. It seemed like someone had shot out half the lights with a machine gun- bullet holes speckled the bland white walls. Before me, someone sat in a chair, spotlight directed on his body and a bag over his head. I crept closer, feeling my heart thud heavily on my ribcage. My fingers reached out for the bag. Who was it? Could it be...?

"You're not ready for that yet," a voice said, smooth as silk. I turned around, peering into the darkness but this time my vision failed me. My hands were shaking as I asked. "Who's there?"

I saw a flash of black- like a glitch on a video game before it disappeared. "You know who I am."

I gulped and stepped back. "What-what are you?"

Something slid out of the shadows. A beautiful creature- rippling with muscle yet lean and elegant. A beautiful, angular head snaked towards me as violet eyes lit up the darkness in a purple hue. "It's me, Justin."

I almost choked. "Kay... Caedmon?"

He nodded his head. "Justin we don't have much time. You are going to wake up soon."

"Who's... Who's under the bag?" I asked, looking back at the other guy.

"That's not for you to know," Caedmon said softly. The surroundings changed into a long hallway, this one brightly lit. Caedmon walked in front of me, his blue and black spade tail flicking behind him. "We are more powerful than you think," he said softly. "You and I are going to do many things, maybe even save a lot of lives." He stopped so suddenly that I bumped into him. "But are we on the right side?"

Suddenly the hallway melted into a scene, then another, then another, flashing like fireworks in my mind's eye. I choked, my heart ramming against my chest as if it wanted to escape. Stumbling backwards my raw voice rose like bile, "Caedmon, make it stop!"

And it did.

I found myself kneeling in a sea of wreckage, my hands on Caedmon's slender snout as a single tear splashed onto his obsidian scales. His wing, half-erected as he lay in the carnage, was shredded, gaping wounds gleaming a thick red in the burning sun. "Caedmon?" My voice was shaking.

He gazed up at me with those big purple eyes. "You control our destinies, Saelfien. It's up to you to decide. It doesn't have to end this way."

"GET UP! YOU BIG LUGS GET YOUR WHINEY BUTTS UP! COME ON GET MOVING! LAST ONE OUT OF BED MEETS MR. HAPPY! GO GO GO!" Blasts of bullhorn voices make me shoot out of bed so fast my forehead hits the bunk over me. Oh crap were they going to kill me? Caedmon starts crying as he tries to crawl up my shirt, his ears pulled back in fear.