The Yummy Braid

"Cuz I'm free... Friiijooolleees!" I heard someone sing on top of their lungs "FREE FAWWWLINNG!" The annoying person continued to holler. "-and I'm sexy and I know it!" He finished before I realized something. I knew that voice.

"Justin! Get off before you're mauled!"

I knew that voice too.

"GETTOFFBEFOREIBITEYOURHEADOFF!" Uh... I didn't know that voice but it didn't seem too friendly.

"Fly dragon! I believe I can fly!" I heard my voice again. Before a sharp zap through my finger stung me back to reality. I gasped as my gaze sharpened and I found myself whiteknuckled.. Hanging onto an ivory spike which jutted out from golden scales.. My gaze drifted up to a long neck leading to a thick yet feminine horned head. And glaring golden eyes. I gulped. This was a Zap dragon. And not just any Zap dragon.

She was Avery's dragon!

A small crowd gathered around to watch the spectacle. Some were laughing while I could see Song, her face taught in fear, one hand extended as if she could force me off the dragon's back safely.

"Oh- I'm sorry!" I squeaked but not before the devil's princess herself marched out, her eyes narrowed.

"Just why are you sticking your butt on my dragon, mister?" Avery growled, her fists clenching.

I tried to slide off before another horrible electric pulse sent me flying to the ground and I inhaled some dust and flies, choking. I could feel some of the rocks had lodged into my palms painfully. And it smelled like... My pants were burnt..

Then I gasped again as I was jerked painfully backwards by Avery grabbing my collar and yanking me up. "Listen kid," her pale white finger jabbed my nose, making me go crosseyed. "I don't care if General Rubius changes your diapers! You harass my dragon and you get a butt whipping!"

I tried to say that I was definitely not harrassing her dragon but all that came out were a few pathetic wheezes.

The dragon peered over Avery's shoulder with a look like 'get 'im Avery.' I was afraid she would sneeze and blow fire at me except of course- she couldn't breathe fire.

Song pushed through the small crowd. "He was hypnotized!" She said. "I could see it in his eyes- he wasn't in his right mind!"

"Yeah..." I managed before I wheezed again. Hypnotized! What?

Avery's eyes narrowed but her grip on me didn't loosen. "No one told you not to look a dragon in the eyes?"

"N-no," I managed.

She sighed, obviously upset she didn't get to whip my butt. "Don't get me wrong shadow boy. If I ever catch you doing that again I'll have your hide."

I sighed in relief and Song put a hand on my shoulder before handing a very concerned Caedmon into my arms.

"What happened?" I asked, trying to calm the small dragon as he whined and nuzzled me, crying softly. His tail wiggled slowly in his distress.

"Well you just jumped on Tiana without a warning and started singing... You don't sing that bad." She couldn't help but giggle a little before she retained her concerned face as I blushed a little. "Who did you see last?"

"Well uh..." I just couldn't imagine why she thought I sang good. Ok here's my big secret: I'm not really Justin Timberlake! I don't really sing worth jack. But then I remembered her question and nodded. "Uh... A Zap kid with uh... Black hair and gold eyes."

"That doesn't narrow it down much," she sighed. "Next time you see him- point him out so I can report him. Hypnotizing is an offense here at camp."