Stonehenge

Sure enough Mrs. Thunder from down under was waiting for us, hands on hips and a glare to make even Medusa shiver. She tapped her foot and her tiny forest dragon tapped it's little paw. "About time you came!" she yelled even though we were literally three minutes late. "You two have to work on the goat pen- I don't want to see a single smudge in there. Merman scrub the water buckets." She said in her sassy tone.

I was about to point out that she had to clean the goat pen but Merman gave me a look and I shut my mouth. Making another enemy today wouldn't be the best idea.

Sullenly I grabbed a muck rake and Merman wheeled over the wheelbarrow. I set Caedmon down to tussle with the other hatchlings which were playing in the middle of one of the stalls. He looked around hesitantly, patting the hay with a hesitant paw. He must have decided he didn't like it because he turned around and got on his hind legs, stretching his paws out towards me for me to pick him up. I could feel myself cracking against that pleading gaze. "No buddy," I said sternly, pushing him over towards Larissa who seemed just as lost as he was, floundering on the hay with her little flippers. "Go play." And before he could give me the puppy look I backed up and closed the door.

"Get to work you bum!" Rihanna's rough voice screamed in my ear, making me jump before she shoved me over to the goat pen. "Ok ok I'm going stop pushing me!" I groaned, twisting my body to get out of her grip before hopping inside the goat pen with my muck rake.... Just to be met with the business end of the General's billy goat. I squealed, hopping to the other side of the pen to evade those wicked horns before swinging around with the rake swung in front of me like a jouster's lance. "Back off, vile creature!" I demanded, waving the sharp prongs around.

I could just imagine the goat narrowing his eyes as it pawed at the hay like a bull from Spain. And I knew it was on.

I stood tall like a matador. "Òlay!" I yelled before it charged, lowering it's horns to nail me in the groin.

"Not today!" I barked, jumping to the side and smacking it's rump with the rake. The only thing I needed now was to get it outside the little goat door and block it so I could do my work in peace. I bit my tongue. How was I going to do this?

The goat wasn't waiting for me to make up my mind. It shook it's horns and charged at me again. When I lowered my take it feinted and dashed to the right to pummel into my legs. I barely blocked his blow with the stick part of the rake, gritting my teeth as it pressed it's weight against me. This thing was strong! I was losing ground, the hay sliding under my thick combat boots.

Suddenly I made up my mind. I jumped to the side, relieving the pressure. Propelled by it's own momentum, the billy goat stumbled outside his goat door, just clipping me with those awful horns before I slammed the little door shut. I turned around, triumphant in my victory just to find a group of girls with greyish blue eyes watching me, laughing behind their hands. When I glared at them they drifted off with their cleaning supplies, whispering to each other.

I had a feeling it wasn't about how much of a sexy beast I was.

I patted down my jeans stiffly before getting to work as fast as I could. I could see Rihanna headed my way and I didn't want her to see my wheelbarrow empty.

As I worked I could feel a headache coming on, making me feel a little numb. They warned me about these but it didn't make it any more fun.

Finally when I was done dumping the wheelbarrow and refilling I headed off to find Merman who was just finishing his last water bucket. When I approached I found he had set Larissa inside the water bucket to let her get her scales wet and splash around. He laughed as her finned tail sent water spraying all over his shirt.