Picking the Team

Andie's POV:
After Connor left to go get Chiron, I turned my full attention to the red head  wearing a camp shirt and paint splattered jeans. Rachel was beginning to wake up. Rubbing her temples, she asked,"What happened? What did I say."
I filled her in and just as I finished Connor returned with Chiron in tow.
"What was spoken child?" Chiron asked. With Connor's help I told the story again.
"One thing is for sure," he said when we finished,"you are part of a quest."
I gapped at him. Of course I knew it from the daughter of the sea part, but I was not ready for a quest! I had minimal training and currently I was in the infirmary.
Chiron saw the look on my face and said," Don't fret child, you won't start until Will clears you." And with that he left.
"That's not the part I'm worried about." I mumbled under my breath. Connor and Rachel soon left and I was alone with just my thoughts of failure for comfort.
----------------------------------------
A few days later I was finally out of the infirmary, but unfortunately closer to leaving for the quest. According to the prophecy, I had to choose three others to join me. Campers flocked to me every second of the day, trying their hardest to be the ones chosen, but I just didn't want them. In fact, I had chose Percy, Annabeth, and Nico, but they declined.
"We just want a break from saving the world." Percy has told me as we got ready for bed, "besides I have six months of school to catch up on."
So here I was, a day away from starting the quest and no one I knew to go with me.  At dinner, people were still crowding me, begging for a spot on the quest. After 15 minutes of continuous begging,I snapped.
"Leave me alone!" I stormed out, heading towards the lake. Connor, who been hanging out with me since that day, and one of the only ones not begging to be on the quest, found me there hours later.
"The cleaning harpies will get you if you don't come on." He said while tossing a pebble at me.
"Whatever." I replied, resting my head on my knees.
Connor sat beside me, uncharacteristically quiet for a minute.
"Okay, I'll just go on and ask, even though you probably don't wanna here it or picked people already but," he took a deep breath," could Travis, Katie, and I join you on your quest? I know you probably want people you are comfortable with going and you know us a little better than some of the others, so I thought you might want our help."
I thought about it while he continued to ramble. They haven't bothered me all week, and he mentioned one of my biggest problems while giving me a solution.
"Okay," I said, interrupting him.
"What?" He asked, slightly startled.
"I want y'all to join me." I said standing up, offering my hand to help him.
"Yes!" He shouted jumping up. "I mean, thank you."
I laughed at him, then said," one condition: don't pull a lot of pranks on me or Katie. "
He pretended to think, then said," we can't promise none, but we will limit them just because you are letting us go."
"Deal." I said shaking his hand.  So I had my team and for better or worse we would set out tomorrow on the quest, and for once I didn't feel afraid. I had my friends with me and I felt I could achieve the goals set for us. I returned to my cabin and went to bed. Tomorrow we begin the quest.