CHAPTER 25 (1/1 drafts)

Narrator: Dylan

Hi! It's Lizzie! I may not be here at the moment so you can leave a message for me after the beep. *beep*

"Liz, it's Sophia. I know things are getting awkward between you and Michael. It's been weeks since the camp. You don't have to be shy. If you can't talk to him yet, please, just greet him on his birthday."

[Dylan: oh this is after the camp version!!]

Lizzie didn't understand why her friends wanted her to talk to Michael. It isn't even a big deal. He's just Michael and so what if they were awkward? It isn't like everyone in the world would care anyway. One thing that Lizzie hates is whenever they tease her about Michael. She found it very annoying and being friends with her friends, it means she can't make them stop doing it.

She didn't hate her friends; why would she? It was just the fact that she gets teased about Michael in front of him and she finds it embarrassing.

Lizzie sighed. His birthday is two days from now. She started debating in her mind whether or not she should greet him. "It won't be a big deal. It won't be a big deal."

She plopped down on her bed and groaned. "I can't even sleep," she said.

She stared at the phone where Sophia left a message. It was sitting on the table waiting for her to pick it up and dial Sophia's number and talk to her about it. Or maybe she can contact Ellie since she's the one good at these love things.

She got her phone and clicked on Ellie's caller ID and dialed it. After a few rings, she finally picked up.

"Henderson!" Ellie's cheerful voice greeted her. "What's up? What's the call for? You're ready to tell Michael? What's on yo—"

"Ellie, shut up!" Lizzie exclaimed. "I just needed to talk to you about him."

"About who?"

"About him..."

"Who?"

"Michael! Godammit!" Lizzie exclaimed and Ellie laughed on the other side of the line.

[Luke: feisty

*Ashton laughs*]

"Okay, okay," Ellie said, catching her breath. "What about him?"

"Should I greet him a happy birthday or talk to him or send him a card or... or ignore him?"

"Nope. No ignoring. You can send him a nice message or even call him!" Ellie exclaimed. "I mean, in that way, you can talk to him privately and all that. It won't be awkward."

"Sitting behind, in front or next to him already is awkward Elle," Lizzie sighed. "I really don't know what to do."

"You don't really have to be shy to him, you know," Ellie said. "Michael won't ignore you."

"The problem is, I do. I ignore him. I can't find the stupid courage that'll make me talk to him," Lizzie said, playing with a strand of her hair.

"It will take some time, Liz. But for now, send him a message. If you're not ready to hear his voice, just text him," Ellie said. "I know you can do it."

Lizzie nodded. "Thanks Ellie."

"You're welcome Lizzie-poo," Ellie yawned. "Good night too."