CHAPTER 26 (1/1 drafts)

Narrator: Sophia

The moment Michael woke up the next day, a smile crept up his face. He was finally 18 and he could already feel the power of being eighteen creep inside his body. He immediately headed for the shower, after all, it still was a school day.

He wore black and white three-fourths, black jeans and his Converse. He grabbed his school bag and went downstairs.

"Happy birthday, Mikey!" Amelia yelled as she spread his arms.

Michael smiled and gave her a quick hug. "Thanks, sis," he said.

He went inside the kitchen and saw chocolate cupcakes on the table. "What's this?" he asked him mom who was facing the sink.

His mom chuckled. "Those are for you, Michael. Happy birthday."

Michael went near his mom and gave her a hug. Sometimes, his mom acted cool and that's the side of her that Michael loved. He preferred it more than any other side of her personality. "Thank you, Mom."

About two days ago, his aunt Nancy left. He didn't know the reason why but now, it was just them three again. Michael sat on the chair and looked around. He felt some of the colors coming back to him and he was happy about it. All Michael really wants is happiness; genuine happiness. Everyone wants genuine happiness.

"Come on, Amelia! Have some cupcakes!" he called out.

Amelia eventually went inside the dining area and grabbed one of the chocolate cupcakes. It was a normal and simple celebration but for Michael, he'd rather have that kind of simple but meaningful celebration than a big and phony one. He started munching on one of the cupcakes in front of him and his mom joined them.

*

"Ah fuck, he's eighteen!" Luke yelled as Michael got passed the school gates. He smirked and hugged each of his friends one by one.

"Welcome to the club, douche," Calum said, laughing.

"Yeah, glad I'm not the youngest anymore," he said.

Michael noticed that Calum brought Jack, his guitar and it was a good thing because he brought Tryke, his own guitar. The four of them walked through the hallway and some students who knew Michael would greet him a happy birthday. This made Michael happy deep inside. People actually remembered his birthday, unless they saw it as a notification in their phones. But nevertheless, Michael loved it.

"Happy birthday, Mike-kay," Isabella greeted, smiling widely at him.

[Calum: it's isabella again!!

[Sophia: who's she

[Michael: the girl who was supposed to be linked to cal. but the author removed it from the story. now go back to reading before--

[Luke: before what?

[Ashton: for fuck's sake]

"Thanks, Isa," he smirked.

When they got passed her and her friends, Michael nudged Calum.

"Stop it," Calum said.

"If we stop it, you're going to fall deeper for her," Luke said.

"Uh, okay that sounded wrong, my friend," Ashton said.

Luke shrugged and fixed his hair.

Walking inside their classroom, another bunch of people greeted him. The one who stood out the most was Ellie. She was holding a long white folder and she yelled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ROCKSTAR!" at Michael face. She handed him the long white folder and when he opened it, a smile crept up his face, even though it already was there. The white folder had to be held in landscape form and on top, it had photos of him and a large happy birthday in the middle. Down the bottom, it had a letter that he wanted to read much later.

lost things || a terrible things bookрдЬрд╣рд╛рдБ рдХрд╣рд╛рдирд┐рдпрд╛рдБ рд░рд╣рддреА рд╣реИрдВред рдЕрднреА рдЦреЛрдЬреЗрдВ