Chapter 1

Daryl's POV 

"Welcome guys... I know you're wondering if you're in the right class, well you are"

"shit" I swear under my breath

I'm late again. Why am I surprised. 

And of course they're staring, I just slammed the door behind me while entering class - which is what i hate. The staring. 

I made my way through the front of the class, lowering my head as walked toward an empty seat in the middle of the room filled with eyeing students.

As turned to pass between a few seated people to go to the seat beside them, I was stopped by an unfamiliar voice. "Hi, and your name is?" 

All this time I hadn't looked at the front of the class where the professor would usually be. And when I finally do,  I see an unknown man. Dark wavy hair, scruff on his jaw and cheek and eyes that were piercing up at me.

"Your name?"
I froze and continued to stare at the man looking to me then a small grin crept onto his face, "So you've forgotten you're name then?"
The class erupted in laughter and I finally took my eyes away from him and took my seat. 
A classmate nudges my arm with his elbow and whispers to me,"Dude just say your name for fucks sake". Completely forgetting that the man had asked, I finally replied
"it's- t's Daryl."
He continues to grin and stares at me for a few more seconds until suddenly turning on his heels and to the blackboard where he lifts his arm to write, "Well my name is Mr. G-R-I-M-E-S" he spells out onto the board.
He turns around and smiles to the class
"Or you could just call me Rick"

Rick?
"Why would we call you by your first name?" Someone from the side of the class yells out.
I squinted my eyes at him to hear his answer.

"Well, I want you guys to feel comfortable in my class. I want them to think of me as a friend or something. But of course I will still be your teacher. I would like to have that kind relationship with you guys"
Rick explains, putting his hands into his pant pockets.

Bullshit

Something about him - I don't know what, was interesting. Was it his deep and raspy voice, maybe his dark brown curls that were dripping down his face or was it just the way he carried himself, with such confidence much more than I had or ever will.

I don't know what exactly but I couldn't help but stare