Chapter 6

{might have grammar mistakes}

I sat in tech class looking at either my watch or the clock at the front of the room.

3 o clock seemed like forever away and I was beginning to get anxious each time a minute passed.

Why am I feeling like this? It's weird and I don't understand it. Its just Rick, a teacher nothing else, he's only just reviewing the stuff I missed today.

I bite my inner lower lip at the thought of him then I quickly shake my head...

I breathe deeply and try to pay attention to the teacher in front of me. Mr Davidson. He was always boring, he had this monotone voice that would knock everyone to sleep once he opened his mouth. It wasn't only his voice, it was the way he looked that made me wanna sleep as well. Just think of the stereotypical librarian but with even more of a coffee breath. Ugh and that was the worse part, his breath. Whenever he decided to speak to me about god knows what, he would always have that black coffee smell that would assault my noise. It was horrible.

I guess being older and teaching at this school for two decades you don't really care anymore and I admired him for that, he didn't care what anyone thought.

I should be more like him. I might say that I don't give a shit about what others say but of course I'm lying. I wouldn't be the way I am now if I didn't care.

.

..

It was finally 2:50, the bell had rang. I knew I would make it exactly on time to Rick's class, so I didn't worry.

I passed the rush of students that were late for their next classes, and the teachers who where going to their meetings.

As I finally walked to the math wing and stood in front of the closed door of Rick's class, I took a deep breath and closed my hand into a fist to knock. Right as I was an inch away from doing so he opened the door

"Oh shit! Oh god sorry I..."

He says. He then opens the door wider and gestures me to go through.

"As I said before, I'm in college, I know what you're trying to say so don't apologize for it"

I say as I walk pass him to his desk

"And anyways I guess I'm supposed to say sorry, I scared the shit outta you I'm assuming"

I say as I chuckle, so does he as he closes the door. He walks up to his desk and opens the drawer of his dark brown wooden table.

"So this is what you've missed...."

He says taking out a stack of paper. My eyes widen and I snort

"What was that?" He says with the biggest smile

"I'm not trying to be rude or anything but I don't think I'm honestly going to do all that work"

I say half embarrassed and laughing

He keeps the big smile on his face and shifts the chair out and has a seat.

"Would It make it easier for you if I helped?"

I sat down on a wobble chair opposite of him and looked down at the papers that he threw onto the desk.

"I guess..."

I say scanning them

"I mean I don't think you need much help... You are doing well as far as I could tell from previous marks"

"Really?" I say shocked and looking up at him. I quickly turn my gaze.

I thought I sucked to be quiet honest

"Yes really, the only reason why you're not getting the marks you're supposed to is because of your lack of attendance."

He sternly says. I'm guessing that's the teacher side of Rick.

"May I ask what's the reason for that?"

He looks at me with worried eyes

I got a little pissed. I could already see pity and I haven't even told him a reason. I sure as hell ain't telling him

"I rather not" I say quietly.

He nods softly and then turns his attention away from me and to the papers that where laying on the desk

"Oh... Well...okay"

"Sorry for making this awkward" I say seeing the regret edged in his expression

"No it's my fault... It's none of my business"

I smile softly.

"So let's get to this..."

He grabs a pen from a school mug on the side of the desk and traces over a text.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't realize that a large amount of time had passed, only until I finally looked up at the clock at the top of the door.

"Shit! We've been here for long"

I say. I didn't mind it. We drifted away from the actual work that I was supposed to be learning and we talked more about everything else.

Well we talking about him again mostly. I just sat there, nodded and listened to the interesting words that flew out of his mouth.

The places he has travelled to: South Africa, England and many others. His funny story of the time where him and his parents went to the Grand Canyon when he was young. He had too much ice cream and that did not end well for him and his mothers shoes.

"Enough about me..."

He says finishing a laugh

"I've been talking about myself this whole time, what about you? Who is this Daryl Dixon figure sitting in front of me?"

He says smiling. He then relaxed further down into his chair

I get smaller and start to feel a bit awkward

"There's nothing special about me..."

"We're all special in some way... You just have to find out for what"

I feel his blue eyes staring again. I slowly peak through my hair that was covering a bit of my face to look at him

"Well... I sure haven't been to all those countries"

I say

"It doesn't mean that you aren't interesting. I'm sure you are. It's not like I asked you to come here just for the studying right?"

My eyes widen and I straighten my position

"What do you...mean?"

"It's...just something.... I"

He then looked down nervously

"Never mind..." he says shaking his head

I was getting even more interested in what he had to say. What did he mean by that?

"What is it? It's a safe space"

I say laughing with my arms opened dramatically

He smiles slightly with his eyes still away from me

"I just meant that you just seem like you have some story. A story that I would like to hear and understand more.... Is all"

My heart started beating faster and I froze

"I'm in a room filled with over hundred students that I'm pretty sure have better 'stories' than I do"

He changes his gaze and breaths deeply

"I don't want to come too forward...it's just something about....."

He sighs

"You...Daryl Dixon..."