Chapter 13

Daryl's POV

The rest of the car ride was, well of course awkward.

He kept on asking questions and I continued to stay quiet. Which then led to even more awkward silence.

I kept on looking at the road and saw people happily driving in their cars or walking along side their partners on the sidewalk. They knew who they were and as I said they probably did live happy lives.

I didn't have both.

My life took a downfall after my mother had passed, and it hadn't gotten any better. And I didn't know who I was, clearly.

What we did. I could never come back from that. And how I feel. I couldn't come back from that either.

And that realization made me become uncomfortable. I couldn't bare it.

.

..

"Are you sure you're-"

"Please. Just don't ask me that again"

I say right before getting out of the car. I slam the car door as I walk the path to the front door of my home.

I just wanted to lie down and forget, but at the same time I didn't.

.

..

"Good"

I whisper to myself as I see that I'm alone in the home. I close the door after me and walk straight to my room.

I take off the light jacket that I wore from the night before and threw myself onto the bed.

I looked up at the ceiling with my arm folded under my head.

The way I felt that night, I've never felt that with anybody. The way I was held in his arms. The way he kissed me. 

I bite the inside of my lip as I get deeper into thought about what happened last night. Reminiscing about the way I felt when he wanted to make sure that I was alright before entering into a sensation I couldn't explain. The way he looked down at me with his blue eyes that burnt right into me as he cupped my chin. The thought of the heat and the heavy breathing we made, had left my heart throbbing in my chest...

"Dammit"

I can't think like this for fuck sake! This isn't right! What I'm thinking isn't right!

I fling my body over the edge of the bed. I set my foot onto the carpet and put my elbows onto the top of my knees and hold my hair in my palms.

As I repeat the phrase 'this isn't right' in my head, my grip on my head gets tighter as my anger grows.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!"

I bang the my hands onto the side of my temples. My ears slightly ringing from the force that I caused.

I tried to bring my heavy breathing down, but with no luck.

What did I do? I'm not gay. I'm not anything like that!

I'm crazy.

I'm going crazy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rick's POV

I decided to roll down the windows for my drive back home. It was early in the morning and I wasn't in the mood of being out. And thank god it was Saturday.

I couldn't deal with teaching a class of less than 90 after what happened the night before.

Of course I wouldn't be able to since the reason why I feel this way is in my class.

"Shit"

I say and hit the dash with my right hand which accidentally makes me swerve the car slightly. I drive back into place and look at the rear view mirror to not see anyone behind me.

I sigh in relief.

As I swore, I remembered that sexual encounters between teachers and students are forbidden even if they were of age, which Daryl was.

He was 23. Mature, I presume.

And I had just turned 30 a few months ago.

Lincoln University did have it's cases of this going on in their school. Before I was hired there, I researched about the new place I was working in. Of course I didn't want to go there not knowing what to expect. There was a case when a female teacher and a male student did have a relationship. It was known after another student spotted them in one of the classes. The teacher was fired and wasn't able to work in the state anymore, well mostly because of the bad reputation that she had gotten.

I didn't want to be like that. I didn't want that to happen to me.

But something in me feels as though it's worth the risk.

.

..

After 30 minutes into the 1 hour long drive, my phone started to buzz from the inside of my pants pocket.

I waited to see what it was about till I got to a stop, which in my luck was a few minutes after.

I reached into my left jean pocket and looked at the text.

'I'm coming over later, just to let you know - Sarah'

Dammit. I really didn't want to be around anyone today. And why is she coming this early.

She was the same friend that was in the photo that was hanging on the hallways wall.

The one who knows who I really am.