Chapter 12

Ricks POV

The car was steady and the road was clear. I tried a few times to break the  silence but it didn't work.

Since the car ride was going to be long, I wasn't looking forward to it.

I didn't want to rush him or anything. I just wanted to know if he was going to be okay. He didn't seem like he was, well he didn't seem like he wasn't to be fairly honest and I was confused by that.

"Do you want to- uh- to talk about it?"

He didn't answer. He just continued to look out the window of his passenger seat. I tried to keep my eyes on the road ahead of me but I couldn't stop being concerned over him. So I pulled over to the dirt side of the road and put the car in park. I took off my seat belt and turned myself toward him.

And in all that time he didn't flinch. He never moved his position.

"Daryl?"

I spoke soft.

"Daryl."

I reach over to his arm and touch it gently. He finally flinched and turned to me.

His blue eyes seemed confused. It seemed like he wasn't even looking straight at me.

I searched for any other expression. But couldn't find any.

"Daryl. You need to talk to me. I know you might be confused by all this..."

I look at the road ahead

"I am too, but you need to talk to me. We need to talk about this"

I sigh frustratedly. I might have given up. I begin to hold onto the wheel to drive.

"Wait"

My eyes widen.

His voice was so small that I even wondered if I actually heard it myself.

I turn around slowly and see him looking at me. His expression was different. At least it was something else, but I didn't know whether to be happy about it or not.

"I am...Confused. I don't know what to think. I may have ideas of what I feel but I don't know if it's right"

I nod at every word being said.

"I just want to go... Go home"

I felt relieved. I did, but also felt upset.

"Oh. Yeah."

I say defeated.

In the back of my head, I guess I want him to say more, or to at least say something else.

I looked behind my seat onto the road to see if any cars were coming and I turned the wheel of the car as it was free to go.

.

..

"I'm sorry."

I don't know why I said that, but I felt like I had to.

{{This was a blah chapter XD}}