05// lovey-dovey hart

LOVEY-DOVEY HART

NOVA WAS SCRIBBLING DOWN THE finishing bits to her Trig homework when the chair next to her shifted and a heavy bag was placed on the floor between the two chairs.

She looked up, wondering who was sitting next to her today. There was no seating order so she'd had her handful of new seating partners.

Since the tables in this class were long and each one was supposed to be shared by two students, Nova frequently found herself accompanied by a guy too cocky for his own good. The kind of guys who took in her hourglass figure and decided that she was someone who'd be willing to be taken for a spin.

As if. Nova had standards.

This time too, she found that it was a guy who claimed the seat next to hers. But this was someone she recognised.

"Hey, you're Graham Miller," she noticed out loud.

The boy who'd been lost deep in thought turned his head, sharp green eyes landing on her. His features relaxed.

"I believe I am, yeah," he grinned. "If it isn't Nova lovey-dovey Hart herself."

Her eyes widened, a horrified expression taking over her beautiful face. "Excuse me— what —?"

He slipped on a sheepish smile but the amusement in his eyes spoke otherwise. "First time that you're hearing it?"

"Well, duh," she retorted, miffed and also slightly mortified.

"Don't worry about it," he smirked, "I'm sure somebody somewhere finds the particular trait... Endearing."

She glared at his obvious mockery of her being a hopeless romantic.

"Go to hell," she managed to say through gritted teeth.

"Not that scary a place, love," he grinned, his expressive eyes showing Nova just how much fun he seemed to be having. And then he suddenly frowned. "Although... I think Dean would say otherwise."

Nova pulled her brows together. "Who?" She inquired in curiosity. "I don't know a Dean. He goes to our school?" Her mind raced, trying to recall any Dean that she might've heard of. "And more importantly, why the heck would he have any knowledge whatsoever of hell?"

Graham just blinked at her.

He blinked again.

"You don't..." He clamped his mouth shut, the words apparently dying in his throat. He opened his mouth again. "Supernatural?" He asked, gesturing wildly with his hands, his eyes drilling holes into her own turquoise ones.

"Umm," Nova wasn't sure how to respond. "He's a supernatural being—?" She stopped herself as Graham started shaking his head vehemently, seeming exasperated beyond belief. "He's someone who believes in the supernatural then? He, uh, he knows stuff?"

He opened his mouth to speak but she cut him off, not quite forgiving him for ridiculing her.

"AHA!" She slammed the top of their desk, startling Graham and probably everybody else in the class who were waiting for the teacher. "So you believe in the supernatural —"

"Not really, Dean is a—"

"— a friend, is he?" She cut him off yet again, eyes wild and never giving in. "So what? You can have a friend who believes in the supernatural but its absolutely absurd for me to be a romantic?"

He stared at her for a long time. Nova let a smirk slip onto her face, knowing she just verbally slapped him. Hard.

"Dean," he told quietly, "as in Dean Winchester. A character in the TV show Supernatural. Who went to hell in the show." And then he was laughing hard, his entire body shaking and when he laid his forehead on the edge of the table, the entire desk shook too.

Please kill me, Nova was praying to anybody who'd listen as her short-lived bubble of triumph burst into nothingness. Kill me now.

________________________________________

Who else is a supernatural fan? =D

Lemme know what you thought of the chapterand a huge thank you to anyone reading this :)