31// cursed mistletoe

i was planning to update later, but mum was growing tired of waiting and she demanded one xD

Also, after this update I'll get back to finishing my book reviews because tomorrow is the deadline, and then I'll have time to continue reading your amazing stories :') <3 looking forward to it!

CURSED MISTLETOE

    THERE WAS A SENSE OF deja vu as they stood facing each other, just like in the hallways after school that day when he'd tucked the flower in her hair.

    A sense of deja vu in the way that there were words at the brink of their minds and at the tips of their tongues, though the thoughts running through their heads were on completely different levels altogether.

    A sense of deja vu in the way that before either of them could decide to speak, they were interrupted. At the school, it was Caroline's text. Here, it was a drunk Aubrey.

    "Nova!" She squealed, grabbing onto Nova's forearm with both hands and shaking her frantically.

    "Guess what?! Guess what?!" Her eyes were alight with glee. "Piper finally locked lips with Ty! How great is that, yeah?" She clapped, grinning as if the stars had finally aligned in an epic love story.

    "How the hell did she manage that?" Graham sounded beyond amused.

    "Mistletoe!" Aubrey clapped again.

    "Mistletoe?" Graham and Nova asked in unison, both baffled.

    "Yesss," she slurred. "Georgie Porgie pudding and pie, kissed the girls and made them high —" she dissolved into a fit of giggles.

    "What's she on about?" Nova asked Graham, confused even more.

     "Obviously someone thought seven minutes in heaven wasn't cutting it anymore," Graham replied cheekily.

     Nova blinked. "Are you saying someone actually hung up mistletoes in the house? December is months away!"

     "The spirit of Father Christmas should always reside in your heart, Nova."

     "Ha. Ha." She muttered dryly.

    "Come on then," he beckoned for Nova to follow him as he threw Aubrey's arm over his shoulder and helped the staggering girl into the house. "Party's inside, Hart."

×××

    Nova had to give credit to the host or whoever it was that hung the mistletoes — because she couldn't spot a single goddamn one.

    Either Piper had brought a mistletoe with her and set an elaborate ploy to kiss Ty or the tiny white nuisances were hung in discreet places.

    "Piper!" Nova breathed in relief when she spotted her.

    "Nova, hi," she grinned, apparently not drunk at all.

    "Is it true about the mistletoes?" Nova asked, cutting right to the chase.

    Piper smirked, and then wiggled her perfect eyebrows. "Planning on getting Graham unde one?"

    Nova thought her lungs stopped functioning for a moment there.

    "What?" She choked on her own spit, her eyes widening in horror.

    Piper watched her reaction for a moment and then shrugged. "Sorry, thought he — never mind. And yeah, its true. There's only three hung around somewhere. Well, there's only two now considering I hit one of the jackpots."

     "They remove them once a pair kisses under it?"

    "Well, duh," Piper rolled her eyes, "cause the location's already given away. So two more lucky — or unlucky — pairs to go."

    The day has been pretty great so far for Nova, even her good mood was lingering around since morning, so she could only hope the odds continued to work in her favour for the rest of the night and didn't land her under a cursed mistletoe.

_________________________________________

Keep smiling xx