28// celebrations

« you can be brave and still be feminine. you can lead and still love flowers. most importantly, you can be queen and still be a bride »

 most importantly, you can be queen and still be a bride »

CELEBRATIONS

NOVA'S GRIN WAS GIGANTIC AS her name resonated around the badminton court, announcing her the winner of the tournament that evening.

There was a sudden rush of footsteps behind her and before she could turn around, she felt a pair of arms engulf her into a bear hug from the back.

Adelaide squealed and jumped up and down in glee, making Nova's body shake with the movements too.

"Addy," Nova laughed, "this wasn't even an important game. Its just the beginning of the season, you know."

"Don't be such a spoilsport," Caroline's voice floated towards her as she approached, "a win's a win. Take it, girl."

She grinned at her sister and Addy pulled away in time so that Caroline could hug her instead.

"Treat! Treat! Treat!" Addy was chanting, her eyes alight with joy and a grin as huge as Nova's on her face.

Caroline snorted. "Any excuse to stuff yourself."

"Hey, that's not fair," Addy huffed, flipping her hair. "I watch what I eat."

Caroline rolled her eyes but Nova knew she understood. Nova herself didn't divulge much in junk food, sticking to a healthy diet because of her involvement in sports.

"So where do you girls want to go? And, Addy, please shut up and let Nova pick. It is her night after all."

Addy stuck her nose in the air haughtily, as if trying to say I wouldn't be so selfish as to do that.

"I'm in the mood for pizza," Nova found herself saying in a thoughtful manner, "...and I guess chilli cheese fries too."

"Dine-amite," both Addy and Caroline said in unison. Nova's lips curled into a smile at the quirky name of a popular restaurant in their neighbourhood.

"Dine-amite it is."

×××

They'd gone to the restaurant straight from the school in which the game had been held. She'd wanted to change out of her game uniform but her sister and Addy began fussing about getting caught in the traffic so she only had time to wash her face.

Easy for them to say, considering they were already wearing pretty outfits when they'd come to watch her play.

"I can almost picture the grilled cheese sandwiches," Caroline moaned with her eyes close and a dreamy look on her face.

Nova shook her head at her sister, her heart swelling with affection for a moment.

They'd already placed their orders, and were told their food would be served in twenty minutes.

A sudden ping from her phone made Nova's already happy mood brighten further. She'd set that particular notification tone for the email app. This way, she could still contact him – John Doe – without having to be at home to do so.

towintheheartofhart@gmail.com
What are you doing right now? :)

novahart06@gmail.com
Celebrating :D

towintheheartofhart@gmail.com
What's the occasion?

Nova's heart sank and it hurt a lot more than she'd have liked to admit. She'd told him hadn't she? That she had a game today?

Another ping.

towintheheartofhart@gmail.com
I'm kidding ;) I know you had a tournament today. And I guess you celebrating means you won eh?
Congrats, beautiful :') you deserve the win.

And Nova thought her smile couldn't get any bigger or giddier.

_________________________________________

18degreec for all your incredible support and for writing books like 8 and Could-Haves, Would-Haves.. for reminding me what its like to weave magic into the words we write. <3