14// whipped already

Okay i know i only just posted a chapter, like, few minutes back. BUT GUYS. i got ranked -- this story got freaking ranked under SS and im so over the moon i had to reward y'all with an update (which isn't that huge a deal actually cause I've written the whole story in the drafts😂)
Thanks for all the support especially to Kiara-z basicbitch- princess_of_thieves novelysian <3

 i got ranked -- this story got freaking ranked under SS and im so over the moon i had to reward y'all with an update (which isn't that huge a deal actually cause I've written the whole story in the drafts😂) Thanks for all the support especially ...

WHIPPED ALREADY

HE'D WRITTEN A POEM FOR HER. Nova's chest tightened at the thought.

A poem. For her.

Sure, it wasn't some deep, touch-you-in-your-soul kind of poem but he'd made the entire damn note poetic this time. And it seemed to feed more energy to those butterflies that have made themselves home in her stomach.

Goodness, she bit the rightmost corner of her lip in an attempt to hide the smile threatening to take over her face, this boy was really living up to his word of stealing her heart letter by letter.

The bell rang, but the sound flew past Nova's ears. Students began gathering their materials and filing out of the classroom, but the actions seemed to flash past her unseeing eyes. And when Graham placed his hand on her shoulder to gently shake her, her senses didn't register his touch.

Nothing could break her from this trance she'd fallen under. Is this what they meant when they said love was magical? Nova couldn't help the heat that spread across her cheeks at the thought.

"Is she for real?" Jasper's scornful voice was the blunt knife that pierced through her happy bubble.

Nova shot him a disgusted look before beginning to gather her things.

"I mean, really?" He continued, apparently not done with picking on her. Nova watched as even Mr Trevor left the class.

"It just takes a flower, few packets of candy and some pathetic notes from someone who doesn't have the balls to face you for you to be whipped already?" Jasper sneered. "Damn, Nova, if I knew you were this easy..." He let the suggestion hang, smirking.

Nova's palms balled up into fists by her sides. Was punching him worth the detention? She had an upcoming singles tournament against Brookeback High... She couldn't risk it.

She won't risk it.

"Must suck, huh?" She said instead, getting out of her seat gracefully. "That you were turned down by someone this easy." She offered him a sickeningly sweet smile, knowing that there was no point wasting her breath on telling him she was far from easy. Bigots will be bigots.

She almost jumped and swiveled her head around when a low chuckle sounded from next to her.

Graham was still here? Standing by her side? She'd assumed he left along with the class.

Maybe she needed to stop brushing his presence off all the time. He didn't have to stick by her while some prick decided to have a go at her. And yet he did. A little gratitude didn't hurt anyone.

"Thanks," she muttered, unable to fully conceal the pleasant surprise in her voice.

"I didn't do anything," Graham mumbled, scratching the side of his head. His eyes looked away from hers and landed over her shoulder as he watched an annoyed Jasper storm out of the classroom.

Nova smirked. "Whatever you say, Miller," she threw back his earlier words, watching as he shook his head with a smile.

________________________________________

YOU'RE THE BEST