December Waltz

Chapter 4: December Waltz

It is a cold, dark December morning. The wind is blowing a little more than usual making it feel even colder but it doesn't bother me. Snow is falling slowly. It is so pretty out. I love me some coffee too. Especially a pumpkin spice, iced latte.

I continue walking down to the park. At the entrance, I turn in like usual and walk through. The setting was perfect. The trees covered in glistening snow, the ground as well. The water frozen by my doing by accident. Ops. This brought the perfect song into my head.

"Dancing bears, painted wings
Things I almost remember
And a song someone sings
Once upon a December."

I laugh in sarcasm before singing the next stanza. I start ballroom dancing when singing this.

"Someone holds me safe and warm
Horses prance through a silver storm
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory."

The wind performs a melody so beautiful that I had to stop and listen for a couple of seconds.

"Someone holds me safe and warm
Horses prance through a silver storm
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory

Far away, long ago
Glowing dim as an ember
Things my heart used to know
Things it yearns to remember."

This time, I get depressed before singing this next stanza.

"Someone holds me safe and warm
Horses prance through a silver storm
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory

Far away, long ago
Glowing dim as an ember
Things my heart used to know
Things it yearns to remember."

I stop dancing and I look straight at the lake. I see the nearest bridge that was out and I walk to it. I start to walk up the piece of the bridge still intact.

"And a song someone sings
Once upon a December.

Right as I sing this, ice covers the remaining structure and extends out to the other side. I continue walking as the ice forms the new section of bridge. It is very beautiful to when it's done. I sigh admire it before I again, continue walking to school. I get to school a couple of minutes later than usual but nobody notices. And like always, everybody stares at me through the locker, at my locker and when I go to all my classes and even then people are still staring at me.

When school was over and 9th period started, I did something different. I went outside in the back of the school. There was a frozen over lake behind our school. (For which I did not freeze.) I don't have skates but I don't actually need them. Even with socks on, I can still skate. I guess that with my "powers" or whatever, I have the natural ability to skate. Anyway, when I get to the middle, I shoot some ice into the sky and it begins to snow a little bit harder now but not by much. Then, I begin to dance again. I sing "Once Upon A December" again. I love this song a lot. It just came to me earlier. When I get home, I have to right it down. I do this for hours until the sun starts to set.

I walk home in the snow and hum the song in my head over and over again. Thankfully nobody followed me today. Being followed is a normal thing for me and then out smarting them is also the norm for me. When I get home, I check the mail. Apparently it was already brought in. When walking up the side walk, I see my mom's car. Oh god. This is not going to go well.

I walk in and I find Christine. I smile and pick her up. I go to the kitchen and put food in her bowl. I organize the mail quickly because I have a pet peeve about it not being organized or whatever and again, I find a letter for me. I grab it and walk upstairs. When I open my room, I see my mom in it.

"MOM!!! What are you doing in my room!?! And why are you going through my things!?! Get out!!!"

"Don't you yell at me Eliot! Remember, me and your father own this house and we can easily kick you out of this house very easily!!!" She replies to me.

I don't say anything else when she walks out. When she is out, I slam the door and lock it. I throw my school things on my bed, put Christine down with her food, then go into the closet to find a new door knob that I bought several days ago. I grab a screw driver and change out the door handle. It came with it's own key so now, nobody can get in here besides me.

I take a seat on the edge of the bed and sigh. I see the letter next to my bag so I grab it and open it. My eyes open wide again, quickly. I drop the note on the floor.

Eliot,

Die!

(No signature)

I start to cry again but not has hard as last night. I grab the piece of paper and crumble it up. I throw it into the waste been. After Christine is done eating, I pick her up and we lay on the bed. I put the covers over me. I then open my night stand, then open the false bottom  to it. I grab my sheet music notebook then right down the song and it's instrumental music. After I'm done, I reread it several times until I fall asleep with Christine on my lap.

The lyrics is from: Disney - Once Upon A December Lyrics | MetroLyrics