[01]

*Edited*

*Edited*

---

I, the foster child of Renee Dwyer, was moving to Forks to stay with Charlie Swan, her ex-husband and a man I barely knew. How Renee managed to get the foster home to agree to me living with her was beyond me. Renee was all over the place, she could barely look after herself, let alone two daughters. However, despite her obvious flaws, she was my mum. She took me in when no one else would and loved me despite my difficulties. For that I was grateful. I was also grateful that Charlie was willing to let me move in with him.

"Forks time," I yelled as I ran down the stairs of my house, my backpack swinging as I did so.

"Calm down or you'll fall down the stairs and break your neck," my Mum yelled frantically.

I chuckled, "I'm not Bella, chill."

"I can hear you," she yelled from the other room.

"And?" I yelled back. I grabbed my suitcase and made my way outside, treasuring my last moments in the hot, stuffy outdoors. I loved it, despite the discomfort it sometimes caused. I shoved the luggage into the back of the car, watching Bella and Mum leave the house, embracing one another.

"Guys, come on!" Phil interrupted.

"One second," I told him, going over to my Mum and embracing her tightly. "I'm going to miss you and your terrible jokes," I joked.

"And I'm going to miss your huge hair and your terrible jokes," she laughed, squeezing me tighter.

"I love you all, but we got a plane to catch," Phil spoke, gesturing towards the car. I pulled away from the hug and slipped into the back seat.

---

The plane ride, although short, felt like an eternity and as it landed, I couldn't help the feeling of joy that flowed through me. Although I hardly knew Charlie, I was excited to see him again. I hadn't seen him in so long because Bella stopped going. He's not my actual Dad, so I felt awkward going on my own. He was a kind man that made the effort no matter what and I loved that about him.

Bella and I collected our luggage before we made our way towards the exit of the airport, where we would be meeting Charlie. 

"Charlie!" I yelled as I saw the familiar face and uniform. He turned around and I thanked God silently that it was him. I rushed over to him, my suitcase still in my hand. "Hey," I greeted. Despite the fact that Bella was his actual daughter she was awkward and held back when it came to Charlie, something that was the opposite to me. I adored Charlie, Bella didn't see it but he was a good parent, he tried his best and made an effort, even if she was blind to it.