[44]

---

---

Realising I wasn't going to fit into Edward's car with Bella, Renesmee and Jacob also in there, Carlisle offered to rent a car for me as I could drive I just hated it. It also meant I could listen to whatever I wanted without the complaints of those around me, especially since I wanted to catch up on the episodes of my favourite podcast I had missed. 

The family had all decided that going with Bella was my best option as I was English and Rosalie and Emmett were going to find a man who hated the English and Bella insisted I go with her. It seemed though when Jasper left with Alice they weren't entirely sure what to do with me. Eventually, however, they all agreed that me helping to convince the Denali's to help us and then helping the others who met Renesmee to accept her quicker by 'swaying' them in the direction of acceptance was the best idea. Esme was a bit on edge at first by using me to change their opinions but when I assured her that I would only make it so they would listen to what we had to say and not make them agree to be a witness she caved. 

So, I was following Edward as he drove like a maniac, something I hated doing, no matter how heightened my senses were. I always felt like I was going to crash. I had a podcast playing in the background as I drove, knowing those in the car in front of me could hear it, but I didn't care. Renesmee was probably asleep so I was in the clear (hopefully). Kiki was in the seat next to me, asleep, as I couldn't leave her alone for extended periods of time. She was adorable. 

I pulled to a stop behind Edward, waiting in the car as Edward spoke to the Denali's. It wasn't until Bella stepped out of the car to get Renesmee that I followed. 

As soon as the Denali's laid eyes on Renesmee they gasped and physically moved backwards. 

"The Volturi will come for all of us," the one who I remembered was called Kate muttered. 

"You get that thing out of here," Tanya ordered. 

"She's not what she looks like," Edward tried. 

"This is a crime," Tanya yelled before she lunged at Edward. He quickly pushed her away before Kate moved forward. Edward grabbed her arm to stop her attacking him, only for her to send what I assumed was electricity through him.

Bella ran forward, throwing her off Edward. I sighed, rushing forward so I was beside them. I wanted to see them kick Edward's ass but we had bigger problems. They rushed forward once more, ready to fight. 

"Stop," I ordered, grabbing each of their arms, making them freeze. "Jesus fuck, let the guy explain." I rolled my eyes, I turned to Kate, who was still frozen. "Cool powers though."

"She has blood in her veins. You can feel her warmth," Edward told. 

"I can feel it," Carmen agreed. 

Edward sent her a thankful look as he continued, "I'm her biological father. Bella is her mother."

Kate shook her head, "Impossible."