[27]

---

---

I woke up the next day, my eyes slightly sore. I stared at the ceiling for a good ten minutes before I willed myself to get up and shower before changing into an old t-shirt and jeans. I then began my makeup, in an attempt to cover up my puffy eyes. 

I grabbed my phone, ringing Angela. 

"Hey, I know this is short notice but do you and Jess want to go out for lunch and a movie or something, just us as like a celebration that we're graduating?" 

"That sounds fun, I'm free today, should I meet you at yours, Jess can drive?" Angela suggested. 

"I'll check she can come and text you," Sky told. 

The pair said their goodbyes before Skylar called Jess to see if she could come. 

---

About an hour after I planned the girls day, Jess and Angela arrived at my door.

"Hey guys, I asked Bella if she wanted to come but she's busy with Edward," I told, rolling my eyes at my sister before grabbing my bag and coat. 

"What a surprise," Jessica muttered. 

"How are you with that whole Cullen thing?" Angela questioned. 

"Bella's always with Edward like she's scared he'll disappear again. And Jasper has made it clear he wants to get back together but what kind of person am I if I just let him in again after everything," I spoke from my place in the passenger seat.

"A person who still has feelings despite everything," Jess replied. "It doesn't make you weak or less of a woman or whatever."

"She's right," Angela voiced. 

"No wonder you're valedictorian," I quipped. "You spit out wisdom."

---

We watched the new Aladdin movie and came out loving Disney even more. Jess and Angela gushed over the new movie with me.

"It's a shame Bella couldn't come," Angela voiced. 

Jess scoffed. 

"Of course she didn't, she's too busy with her boyfriend." There was a pause as we all silently agreed. "I mean, at least with you Sky, you still hung out with us even though you were with Jasper because that's normal."

"Jess-"

"No, she's right. Bella's dependency on Edward is worrying and unhealthy. The whole relationship is dysfunctional," I admitted.

---

I arrived home exhausted and glad the day was over even though I had a lot of fun. I threw myself onto my bed. Sighing, I grabbed my phone, checking the time. It was only four in the afternoon. I couldn't nap and besides, I needed to eat. 

With another huff I rolled off of my bed, only to be met with a gust of wind. 

"I swear to God, Jasp-" I stopped in my tracks. "Oh, hi Rose."

"I came to see how you are, I feel bad because I haven't really spoken to you properly since your sister called that vote." She paused. "And Jasper told me about your parents."

"Jesus," I muttered.

"And Alice blabbed that he said he loved you," she added. 

"And you want to know how I feel?"

"Yeah, basically."

"Like shit, but life goes on. They could have come back and they didn't but if they had I wouldn't have met René­­e and I wouldn't have a loving family that I adore. And Jasper said he loved me. I- I don't know about that one," I admitted.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I still like him and I know that but I don't want to get hurt anymore and I know he says he won't but there's always this nagging feeling that maybe he will," I voiced. 

"If he did I would kick his ass," Rosalie comforted. 

"I don't doubt that," I joked. My smile dropped. "I know I'll take him back, it's inevitable but it's just too complicated at the moment."

"What's so complicated?" She asked. 

I couldn't answer. 

"There's your answer. It's not."

"Fuck, Rosalie, you just had to go and make sense of everything, didn't you?" I quipped, chuckling as my mind reeled. Maybe she was right. 

"That's what friends are for," she told, pulling me into a hug. 

---

I had called Jasper, asking him to come over. He was obviously over in a few minutes. This time he actually knocked on the front door, allowing Charlie to see him standing at the front door. He was about to say something, tell him to get lost. I stopped him. 

"I asked him to come," I told. Charlie stared at me for a second before nodding. He left the room without another word. "Come with me."

Jasper followed me to my room, shutting the door behind him. 

"Okay, so you need to shut up and listen for the next few minutes," I spoke. He nodded. "I spoke to Rosalie and realised something. I still like you, that much is obvious. I don't think I ever really stopped liking you, which sucks because you were a dick and this isn't me forgetting what happened but this is me forgiving it because, fuck, Jasper, it's actually really difficult to push you away. You're worse than me."

I chuckled, staring downwards to avoid eye contact. I took a deep breath before looking towards him.

"Basically, what I'm saying is I'm willing to try again."

Jasper stayed silent. 

"Say something, please."

"I love you so much," he whispered, walking towards me, grasping my face gently in his hands. "You don't have to say it back because you giving me a second chance is enough."