[14]

---

---

I sat with Charlie as he cleaned his gun. Bella was getting him something. I typed on my phone, texting my old friend from Arizona. We planned to, hopefully, meet up at some point. She agreed to come here because she wanted to experience Forks in all its glory. Note that that was sarcastic. The best bit about Forks is I have an excuse to stay inside on my laptop all day, which is great. 

"Hey, Charlie?" I spoke. He hummed in response. "Remember what I said the other night at the diner?" He hummed again. "I lied. I'm kind of dating someone?" It came out as more of a question because, to be honest, we'd never spoken about it. I mean, I liked him, a lot. I just didn't know if he liked me as much as I liked him. That happened a lot to me. I became easily attached. I like to pretend I don't but who am I kidding? I'm human, which means I feel and one of my major downfalls is that I feel too much, to some kind of inhuman level. 

"Who?"

"Jasper Hale," I muttered.

"He seems like a nice boy and I trust you." He paused. "But if he hurts you I know how to hide a body." I only laughed.

"Hey, I got you another one." Bella placing a beer in front of Charlie as she spoke. 

"Thanks," he replied. 

"Should you really be drinking as you clean a gun?" I questioned, eyeing his second beer.

"It's called being American," Charlie joked, sending me a smile. I held my hands up in surrender.

"I have a date with Edward Cullen," Bella blurted after a slight pause.

"Both of you?" I nodded. "He's a little old for you, isn't he?"

"Okay so Sky gets an 'I trust you' but I get that?" Bella asked. 

"Don't change the subject, Isabella Marie Swan," I scolded, jokingly. 

"He's a junior, I'm a junior," Bella spoke again, ignoring me. "I thought you liked the Cullens."

"I thought you didn't like any of the boys in town," Charlie retorted. 

"Edward doesn't live in town, technically." She looked down, shifting uncomfortably on the spot. She'd never had to do this before. After yet another pause she spoke. "They're right outside."

"I'm sorry what?" I exclaimed at the same time Charlie asked,

"They are?"

"Yeah, they wanted to meet you, officially," she explained.

"Sneaky bastard," I muttered.

"Alright." He pulled his gun upwards, the two separate parts now one. I jumped slightly, as well as Bella. "Bring 'em in."

"Could you be nice?" Bella begged. "He is important." Charlie began circling the top of his head as if to tell us there was a halo there. I chuckled before Charlie then glanced at me.