[02]

*Edited*

*Edited*

---

Trust me to almost be late on my first day. I'd managed to set my alarm for PM instead of AM, only being woken up by Bella yelling at me and throwing a cushion at me as I slept. 

I rushed down the stairs, attempting to flatten out my top as I ran. I grabbed an apple and my bag before rushing out and basically jumping into the truck. Bella had threatened to leave without me about ten minutes beforehand. I glared at her as I then began to do my hair in the car, her driving away without a word. I finally finished my ponytail before we arrived. Approximately, three minutes away from the school we decided to speak, the radio having filled the silence so far.

I stared out the truck window, watching the road and trees pass by, "Scared?"

"Honestly? Yes," she replied, her voice showing her uncertainty.

"Same," I muttered, taking a deep breath.

Eventually, we arrived at the school, stepping out of the truck. Compared to the other vehicles in the area, the truck was jeans and a stained T-shirt at the Met Gala.

"Nice ride," one kid spoke. I turned to him and replied before Bella could.

"Where's yours?" I asked, not waiting for a reply.

"I have one." I heard him mutter.

We made our way to the office to get our schedules.

"Hi, we're Isabella and Skylar Swan, we're new," I informed the lady at the desk. She nodded, pushing away the confusion that had appeared (quite obviously) on her face. She passed us our schedules and began explaining about some slip of paper we needed to be signed. I blanked out, hoping Bells paid attention. We compared schedules seeing we had Phys Ed and Biology together today. I glanced at my map, walking slightly ahead of Bella to help her find her way.

"You're Isabella and Skylar Swan, the new girls?" I heard someone ask as an arm drapped over my shoulder. I quickly shrugged it off, moving away from the source. 

"Just Bella and Sky," Bella corrected.

"Hi! I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place," Eric told us. He was way too enthusiastic for someone trapped in a school with no colour in the walls or the majority of students. "Anything you need? Tour guide, lunch date, a shoulder to cry on," he continued. He was obviously trying to suggest something but both of us were quick to shut him down.

"I'm really kind of a more 'suffer in silence' type," Bella explained as I just said a simple 'no thanks'.

"Good headline for your feature. I'm on the paper and you're news baby, front page," he offered.

I shook my head, "Yeah, not happening."

"Please don't," Bella pleaded.

"Whoa! Relax," he exclaimed. "No feature," he reassured. "Cool?"