[43]

---

---

Renesmee was growing at an unprecedented rate and it scared us all. We didn't know how much time she had. I usually took her to see Charlie, who never questioned the fact she looked years older to when he saw her. Sometimes she would come to the house Jasper and I lived in to see Leah who visited often. 

Leah still didn't like Jasper all that much and I didn't blame her. She was literally made to hate him and others like him. So, when she visited he usually went back to the Cullen household to give her space. Emmett would usually take the piss when he left to let me hang out with one of my best friends, to which I told him to shut the fuck up and let us have a healthy relationship. Rosalie would usually join in and tell him to mind his own business. 

Angela and Jess had moved away for college and I had started my online classes. It was going well, or at least I thought it was. I spoke to them often, organising a meet up around Christmas time when they would come back. It wasn't too long before I could see them again. 

Kiki was finally allowed to live with Jasper and I, after a few visits. I was ecstatic, sure she was quite a scared dog but she was lovely. She could be very excitable and Jasper loved her too. 

It was snowing, something Renesmee loved, so Bella asked Jacob and me to join her and Renesmee in the forest, so she could enjoy the snow properly, away from anyone that would question her using her abilities. Despite having work to do, I elected to join them (only after Renesmee asked me to join them herself, I was after all meant to be the 'cool aunt').

Renesmee was catching snowflakes as she jumped into the air. I watched on, smiling. 

"Look, a snowflake," Renesmee spoke, showing the small piece of snow she had in her hand to her mum. 

"It's beautiful. Why don't you go get another one?" Bella replied.

Renesmee ran off and continued playing around. 

"Edward thinks that we'll find answers in Brazil. There are tribes there that might know something," Bella explained to Jake and me, Jake in his wolf form. 

Renesmee leapt into the air to catch another snowflake. I glanced around, seeing a figure off in the distance. I focused, recognising it as Irina. 

"Who was that?" Renesmee asked as she moved to stand by Jacob.

Bella stared at the figure, "I think that's our cousin from Denali." She paused. "Irina!"

Irina ran away, Bella chasing after her, only coming back when she couldn't reach the woman as she had jumped into the water.

---

We had made our way back to the Cullen's house to tell everyone what had happened. Renesmee sat at the piano with Edward next to her and Bella leaning against the instrument.