Chapter Twenty-five

The last few days were crazy for the pinkette. Everybody was watching her closely on high alert. She understood that she could be in danger, but this was too much for her. Itachi followed her like a love-sick puppy. Sasuke and Naruto would glare at anyone who looked at her funny. And, since there were so many ANBUs near the house, she could not share an intimate night with Itachi.

"Sakura, are you alright?" She nodded at the raven-haired man and sighed.

"I just feel like you all are restricting me from the world."

"It is for your own protection."

"I understand that, but it's too much. We should be focusing on what to do when Orochimaru arrives."

"She has called us for a meeting about it in half an hour."

"You decide to tell me now?" She whined, pulling her hair into a ponytail. Once the time came, they teleported to the tower.

"Alright, you all know what the meeting is about." Everybody began to discuss a plan.

"Wait." The room fell silent and eyes turned towards her. "We need to discuss how to prepare for his attack. He probably knows that the Akatsuki members we are holding told us the date of his attack."

"And?" One of the ninja yelled.

"We need to evacuate the villagers now, but make sure he doesn't notice."

"Why now? And how would that work?"

"We need to prepare for an attack that could possibly happen tomorrow. We really will not know when he'll actually attack. I-" Her voice cut off as she stared at one ninja in particular.

"Haruno-san?" She pounced at the shinobi who stood at the farther end.

"Traitor!" She yelled, kneeing his stomach.

"What the hell?!"

"Don't just stand there, do something!" Sakura yelled. Everyone pounced on the man and tied him up.

"Haruno-san, who is this?"

"Orochimaru's little pet. He'll do wonderfully." She said with a  grin directed at him like a psycho. "Kyo-san, Sano-san, take him to the cell." The two ANBUs carried the unconscious man.

"Right. As I was saying-"

"How did you know he was a traitor?" One of the ninjas asked. She glared at him for interrupting and he apologized quickly.

"We will evacuate the villagers starting right now. I will place a genjutsu around the whole village to make it look like the villagers are still there."

"What will we do when he does arrive?"

"Simple, all available ANBUs and any ninja will be protecting the walls. Five people in one group will stand half a mile away from another group."

"Sakura, what about you?" She was taken by surprise by Tsunade's question.

"You, Jiraiya, Sasuke, and I will be fighting Orochimaru."

"Absolutely not."

"You're right. I will be fighting the man who is killing my kind."

"NO!" Sakura and Tsunade slammed their fist on the table, sending splinters of wood flying.

"Damn it Tsuande! It is my duty to get rid of him!"

"I will not let you!"

"I don't care! I will fight him!" Everyone else watched the two angry women in shock.