Chapter Twenty-seven

It was quite early in the morning when Sakura awoke. Itachi slept beside her, his arms wrapped around her waists. She smiled at the sleeping boyfriend and propped herself up with her elbows. So much had happened since the war. One particular memory came to her. After the war, the rest of them had gone to Ichiraku's to eat. To their surprise, Ichiraku was waiting for them with all the food prepared. Naruto finally asked Hinata out by first giving her a peck on the cheek then asking her. Unfortunately, Hinata passed out by his gesture and the rest of them were laughing at the panicked and confused blonde.

"That is an inviting position you have there, Sa-ku-ra." Itachi purred in her ear, nibbling on it as he let his hand trace her back.

"Oh really? What kind of invitation?" She felt his body lay ontop of hers as his lips continued to nibble her ears.

"The kind that says 'please take me.' Is that what you want?"

"Maybe. Maybe not." She teased, lifting her butt and grinding it onto his crotch. He growled before flipping her over. The strands of her hair fell onto her face by the sudden change of position. He siezed her neck, covering it with kisses and love marks. She moaned softly, combing his hair with her fingers.

"Mm." He was about to remove her shirt when the door knocked.

"Oye, don't forget Lady Tsunade wants to see you both. You can screw like rabbits after." Shisui called from outside. He finally learned not to barge in their room after seeing them doing stuff that mentally scarred him. Sakura groaned in embarassement at Shisui's comment. He could literally feel Itachi flipping him off from the room. "Love you guys too!"

"Mmmm. 'tachi, let's get ready." Itachi reluctantly lifted himself from the pinkette, annoyed that Shisui had to interrupt them. She slipped into Itachi's sweat and tied her hair up while Itachi just put on a shirt and sweats. They arrived in Tsunade's office after ten minutes.

"Lady Tsunade, you called us?"

"Yes, please come with me." Tsunade walked out of the office with the couple very confused. When she opened the door, they were almost knocked down by the screaming and cheering.

"What's going on?!" Sakura was very panicked, but Itachi kept his stoic expression,

"Ladies and gentlemen, the heroes of Konoha!" Tsunade yelled, causing the whole crowd to cheer louder.

"Hero?"

"Sakura Haruno, the hero who protected the villagers from being killed."

"WE LOVE YOU SAKURA!"

"YOU'RE AWESOME!!"

"BEST KUNOICHI!!" She blushed at all the attention she was getting from the crowd and partially hid herself behind Itachi.

"Itachi Uchiha, the hero who defeated Madara Uchiha!"

"YEAH!" Everyone roared. Itachi raised his hand, quieting everybody. He turned to Sakura and held both her hands.

"Sakura Haruno."

"Y-yes?"

"We've been dating for a year."

"Yeah, and?" She was very confused at why he was saying this in front of everybody.

"The past year has been the best of my life. You have shown me how to love, that there is always goodness in evil, that everybody deserves love. I love you."

"I-I love you too." She was shocked at his confession. He had never told her those three special words.

"And I love you too much to ever lose you. I want you to be mine forever." He knelt to the ground and pulled out a box. She was crying by now. "Will you marry me?" The crowd went silent, waiting for her answer. Itachi was beginning to get nervous because it felt like a long time had passed.