Chapter Thirty

The whole village was buzzing about the shocking news. The fiance of the Uchiha heir cancelled the wedding because she caught the Uchiha heir having an affair. Hushed whispers were said when they saw the Uchiha heir. They noted how messy he looked. His hair wasn't kept proper, his clothes were wrinkled, his sharingan activated at all times. Nobody had the courage to say anything in front of them. Especially about his fiance. They could hardly believe that the Uchiha heir would do such a thing to the village hero. He had proposed in front of the whole village, then had an affair? It made no sense to them. They knew how much he loved her. It was obvious to any simpleton. He smiled more with her around and his eyes were soft. She truly did change him for the better. Now that she was gone, Itachi had become even colder than before. If anyone looked at him for too long, he would glare at them with his tomoes spinning. Even the kids would run away from the Uchiha.

The girls watched the depressed pinkette who was curled into a ball. She hadn't moved, except to go to the bathroom, since the incident three weeks ago. Itachi would keep ringing on Ino's door, which frankly annoyed them all. He eventually stopped ringing but left chocolates and notes and everything. Sakura refused to talk to anyone. They had to force her to eat since she refused to do anything.

"Sakura, honey. Itachi left a message." Ino informed.

"..."

"Tenten, read it for her."

"Sakura, please come back to me. I love you so much. Izumi was controlling my body. I could not do anything to stop her. It's true that I used to love her. But she cheated on me so that's why I broke up with her. I would never cheat on you because I know how it feels. Please, come back. I love you so much and I feel like I'm dying without you." Temari read the letter to Sakura. They watched closely as the pinkette laid on the bed. Sakura sat up and blinked the tears away.

"Sakura? What will you do?" Tenten asked.

"..." Sakura was hesitant about doing anything.

"S-Sakura, I-I b-believe h-him."

"He loves you so much."

"Honey, I know he would give his life for you." Tenten said, sitting next to the pinkette. Ino sighed and sat in front of Sakura. She held her hands and stared directly into the dull emerald eyes.

"Itachi Uchiha is in love with you. Any fool could see that. It's in his smiles, it's in his eyes, it's the way he looks at you, it's the way he speaks to you. Everything he does, we can see how madly in love he is. When you left that day, he cried. Not just silently. We could hear him from downstairs. Sakura, he loves you so much."

"..."

"I know you love him too. So why do this to yourself?"

"..."

"Izumi Uchiha. We searched her up. She has the ability to control a person's movement for a couple hours."

"..."

"Sakura. You know I love you. But you need to snap the fuck out of it. He loves you, you love him. He didn't do anything wrong." Ino stared into the dull eyes and watched as a spark lit in them.

"You're right." Her voice was raspy because she had not spoken since the incident.

"You know what to do." Sakura threw the covers off and ran to the compound. She knocked on the door rapidly, waiting for Mikoto to open. After what seemed like an eternity, Mikoto opened the door.

"Sakura?"

"I need to see Itachi."

"He isn't here."

"I really need to talk to him. Where is he at?"

"He said he was going to a bridge." Her eyes widened in fear and she zipped over to the bridge. She could see Itachi standing at the edge of the bridge, ready to jump.

"ITACHI!" She screamed as she ran towards him. He turned to see the pinkette.

"Sakura?" They ran towards each other. Her lips met with his as his arms snaked around her waist. Their passionate kiss lasted about a minute. He pulled back and stared at his former fiance.

"I forgive you." His eyes widened at her.

"Y-you do?"

"If she was controlling you, then you couldn't have done anything." He hugged her tightly as if she were to disappear any minute. Perhaps she would. He refused to let her go.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Will you take me back?"

"I think we should wait on the wedding."

"How long?"

"A couple months. I just want to get back to our normal routine."

"I understand." He kissed her forehead gently. She smiled at him and held his hands.

"Were you planning to jump?"

"No, I was watching the fishes swim."

"Oh." Hand and hand, they walked through the village ignoring the whispers. The villagers were even more confused. Were the two back together?

"Sakura-chan!" A little girl ran up to her. Sakura dropped Itachi's hand and picked her up.

"Mika-chan! How are you?"

"Good, I have a question."

"What is it?"

"I thought that you broke the wedding because he was doing things with other girls."

"Ah. It turns out he wasn't. The girl was all over him and controlled him."

"Does that mean you're getting married?"

"Not yet. We're going to fix our relationship, then maybe we'll get married."

"Can I be the flower girl?"

"Of course you can!" Mika squealed and kissed Sakura's cheek. Sakura set the girl off and watched as she ran off excitedly to tell her parents the news. She smiled and the couple began their way to the compound. When they entered, they could feel all eyes on them. Mikoto, Shisui, Fugaku, and Sasuke. The air was tense and suffocating.

"Hey?" Sakura asked rather than greeted. Everyone's eyes dropped to their joined hands.

"You got back together?" Sasuke asked.

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Well... Turns out Izumi was controlling Itachi."

"Does this mean you're back together?" Mikoto clapped her hands enthusiastically.

"Yes we are dating, no we are not engaged." Mikoto's excitement dropped and she went from excited to depressed.

"Don't worry, maybe in a couple months, we'll decide it."

"Alright." Itachi was beginning to feel bored of the conversation. He picked Sakura up and slung her over his shoulder.

"Night." He dismissed the rest of the members.

"GET SOME!" Shisui yelled loudly which earned him a smack from Mikoto. Sakura giggled as he placed her in the black silk bed.

"I love you so much." Sakura whispered in his ears.

"As do I. Perhaps I can show you how much?"

"Indeed." Thus, with that word began a long night for the two.