Chapter Twenty-six

Sakura and Itachi sprinted outside, surveying the damages already done. Sounds of elements crashing into each other, bodies dropping, blood spilling, metals clashing. It was here. The war had officially begun. The couple separated ways, her running towards the top of the building. She could see Naruto fighting an orange haired man. That must be Pein. Hinata stood behind Naruto, prepared to join in on the fight. Tsunade, Jiraiya, and Sasuke was fighting Orochimaru. The ANBUs and other ninjas were fighting the oncoming horde of enemies. Itachi was fighting a long haired male. Kakashi was battling a man who wore an orange mask. That must have been Tobi. The sound of shuffling in the bush brought Sakura back to reality. She quickly dodged the set of flying weapons that aimed at her.

"Show yourself." She demanded, kunai in her hand.

"So impatient, demon." The grey haired male with glasses revealed himself from behind the trees. She pursed her lips and growled.

"Kabuto." The name spat out like acid. He was the murderer of all the demons. Rider growled from inside.

"Demonic flute!"

"Fūton: Kazekiri no Jutsu!" The wind blades sliced the flute in twelves. She smirked at his destroyed flute, taunting him.

"Hmph." Kabuto studied the girl as they walked in a circle.

"Shinra Tensei!" The emerald eyes were replaced with purple ones that had rings. Kabuto was sent through ten trees.

"Doton Moguragakure no Jutsu!" Kabuto slinked into the earth in attempt to formulate a plan. Sakura smirked and clenched her gloves.

"SHANNARO!!" The ground above Kabuto split opened, sending him flying into the sky. She quickly jumped up and attempted to kick his stomach. At the last minute, he grabbed her foot and slammed her into the ground. Luckily for her, she had anticipated on this and replaced a clone in her position.

"Chakra scalpels." His hands glowed blue as he swung his arms at her.

"Shinra tensei!" Kabuto was pushed back only a couple hundred feets this time. Her sharingan replaced her rinnegan.

"I remember a similar fight. I think her name was...Sako Haruno? Your mother?" Kabuto grinned when she clenched her fists tighter.

"Cherry torture!" She cursed when a log replaced him.

"Oh, so fiesty." He smirked at the angered pinkette. She quickly discharged all of her weapons at him, running from branch to branch.

"Why are you killing demons?!"

"Because they don't belong in our world." He ran towards her, chakra forming a sharp weapon towards her. She quickly dodged the attack and slammed her fist into the ground. The earth roared at the abuse and opened wide to swallow anything that fell. Kabuto had anticipated her move and charged at her again. Doing a couple back-flips, she kicked him in the stomach, sending him into a tree.

"Come on Kabuto." She threw an explosive weapon towards him and ducked for cover. He appeared in front of her, slamming his fist into her guts.

"Come on Demon. Fight me." Sakura allowed Rider to take care of Kabuto. Her body transformed as he watched.

"Kabuto." Rider spat at him.

"Demons don't belong in this world."She grabbed the sword from under her skirt and sliced her palm. A huge scythe replaced the sword and she smirked at his fear.

"You don't belong in this world."

"T-that's impossible! The sword of Ayatha." She swung the scythe, slicing only his shirt a little. Rider swiftly dodged all of the shrapnels that threatened her. Each shrapnel were filled with poison that would kill a demon instantly. He smirked as one of the shrapnels grazed her cheek.