·{ Awestruck }·

Evan's POV

I slung my arm around his shoulders, luckily he wasn't that much taller than me so it wasn't a struggle to do this. I lead him out of ths janitors closest, my arm dropping to his wrist so I could grip it with my hand and drag him to the doors before people bustle in the hallways.

I noticed his slower pace and glanced back at him, he seemed to be in another land for now and I didn't want to ruin that, so I continued to the front entrance.

Upon arrival to our first obstical of getting out of the school without being caught I looked through the office window, making sure no one was looking. I was about to comment, but a tug stopped me from doing so.

My legs had already started walking so I wouldn't fall from being pulled. I looked over, seeing Jonathan walking towards the doors and me holding him by the wrist, I guess I never let go...

I did then, but kept following him out the doors.

The doors were opened and breeze wafted into the school, as well as the smell of petrichor.

I love that smell, the beautiful earthy smell that allows you to know it has rained, or is going to rain. Due to the clouds approaching and the dry sidewalk I am going to say it has uet to rain.

I snapped back into reality by a tap on my shoulder and I glanced overb seeing Jonathan there. His hands were in his pockets so I am only assuming he is really fast at poking people.

I hummed, letting him know I was listening so he could explain his action behind the poke.

"Where are we going?" For a second I was confused, very confused. I had no knowledge of the fact that we had left the school grounds already and were walking to my house. I guess when I zoned out my body went on auto-pilot.

"My house. Don't worry about my parents though, they won't be home." It was true, they were never home often. That brings the question on why they wasted their money on a mansion and maids/butlers if they were never going to be there.

They were successful people, both owning their own businesses. Through business is how they met, first they became business partners and apperantly it just went from there. Not the most romantic story to tell a child when they ask 'how did you two meet?' to cure them of their curiousity.

Eventually we had approached my house, I could see the surprise and amazement that had immediately settled onto Jonathan's face.

The mansion that stood before us was made of sandstone bricks, it's roof being made of black stone shingles and doors being made of a dark wood.  The design of the roof reminded me of a victorian style, it having some curved in prisms standing out from the normal and bigger part of the roof. A few of the windows had small gates sticking in front of them and all windows were framed with smooth sandstone.

A garden was directly in front of the door, a small sandstone fountain having a walking place around it that leads to the steps of the door. Bushes, flowers, and hedges surrounded it.

Overall, the aesthetic appearance of my dwelling was quite pleasing, to say the least - and that was evident by the twinkle of amazement in Jonathan's crystal eyes.

I just stared at him for a bit while he was admiring the place. He didn't look at me until I decided to walk ahead of him, backwards so I could still see him. A smile was on his face, and one was put on my own instantly.

"You're slow." I teased, sticking out my tongue. In reply to this his eyebrow raised playfully before he bolts passed me.

Worry stuck through me for a bit because he was just recently beat up by a bunch of bitches. That worry faded a bit when I turned to see him on my doorstep with a wider smile than before.

My legs moved on auto-pilot as my mind and eyes focused on how happy he looked. I have only known him for a short time - three days to be exact - but I don't think I have ever seen him this happy. Even when we were gaming at Lui's, he laughed, but his eyes didn't reflect that. Now, they do and I want to know why. What is making him so genuinely happy now?

"So, you goin' to open the door or just stare at me all day?" His accented voice snapped me from my thoughts and his words made a blush crawl up my neck.

He noticed! He noticed! Abort! Abort!

Abort from what?

I was confused a bit at what had passed through my mind, but I shoved in aside for the time being so I could open the door.

Once opened I stepped inside, holding it open for Jonathan, which he replyed playfully with, "thank you kind sir."

That same awestruck expression light up his face as he took in the inside of my home.

When you first walk in, you are greeted with a chandelier over head and a view of a beautiful spiral staircase in front of you. To the right is an archway that leads into a dinging room, and to the left is another archway leading into a library.

"Do you want a tour?" I questioned which I received an excited nod for an answer.

I showed him the kitchen first, then the master bedroom which belongs to my parents, the guest suite, the family room, library, dining room, computer room, and then the garage.

We walked up the spiral staircase and I showed him the other guest suites which took up most of the upstairs and then my room. My room is in the attic, it was of my own choosing.

The attic had a white carpet floor, part of it was covered by a black carpet I had placed for decoration. There was a flat screen tv, as well as two bean bag chairs - one red and the other white. My bed was a queen size and was in the far corner, it's sheets and pillows being white and it's blanket being red. The frame was black.

My room had posters here and there of my favorite bands, fun little stickers I had gotten at a dollar store, and a small dj set in one of the corners. A guitar was placed beside it, the guitar having a little owl painting on it. There was also a duffle bag and a hockey stick piled near the instrument.

"Welcome to my room." I dramatically cheered, my arms out as I stepped in spinning around to face him.

"Why do you live in the attic?" Was his first question after his awe subsided.

"The attic is my favorite room in the entire house. I used to just come up here and play, but then I ask my parents if I could move up here. Obviously they agreed." I explained and he hummed with a nod to show his understanding.

"So...do you want...do you want anything? Like...do you want ice? For your...bruises..." I asked, awkardly and unsure because I didn't know if he was ok with me bringing it up again.

"Uh...no, no I'm fine, thank you." He offered a small, clearly fake smile before examining more if the room. "Do you play?" he asked, changing the subject and gesturing towards the guitar.

"Yeah, yeah I do. I can play a song for you sometime if you want." I offer, an actual smile setting on my face, "do you play any instruments?"

"I play the drums, and guitar. As well as the piano." I didn't take him for a musical type. Maybe we could play together sometime. I am curious of how that would turn out.

There was a few awkward moments of silence before I decided to break it, "video games?"

In response he let out a breath if relief and nodded his head before plopping into a bean bag chair and waiting for me to start up the console.

------------
A/N

Hey! So I have officially decided to merge the two stories I have together. I will be taking Expiry down and rewriting it. Expiry will be released again later as a second book to this one.

:)

I apologize for any grammatical errors.

~NES