·{ Religion }·

Jonathan's POV

My eyes blink open, the light from a near by window blinding them for a minute. I sit up slowly, my muscles aching slightly due to the position I slept in.

I groan, rubbing at my eyes before glancing around, my eyes landing on the bed that was situated behind me. Evan was laying on it, earphones in his ears and his eyes glued to the phone above him.

My brows furrow. Why was he here? Wait...no why am I here?

I cleared my throat, hopefuly loud enough so he could hear. Thankfully he did and he looked over a me, a smile settling on his face as he took out his earphones and sat up, placing his phone beside him.

"Good morning sleepy head," his smile seemed to grow, if that was even possible, "it's 9:30 right now...do you want breakfast?"

"Uh...sure, but first of all: what's today?" I asked. I am pretty sure it is Saturday...no, Friday. Yeah...

"Friday, May 20th. And incase you are worried: I asked the guys to get our homework." He answered, his voice showing his happiness so clearly.

It was nice. He was always so happy, and I have only known him for...4 days? But I have never seen someone so happy with the world.

Jackie....you left Jackie alone!

That sudden thought got me up from the bean bag chair, the blanket that was on me falling off. I took out my phone, dialing Jackie's number in and bringing the phone up to my ear.

It rang for a bit before her voice entered through it, "Hello? Jon? Where are you?"

"I am at Evan's, but I wanted to know if you are ok. Did anything happen?" I  rushed the words out, my eyes every once and a while going to Evan who was putting on a grey hoodie. He noticed me looking and gave me a wave with a small smile, I could see a slight pink tint on his cheeks.

"I am fine. She wasn't home, probably stayed the night at work or something - I don't care. Anyway, be safe and stuff I have to go back to class. I love you!" She said quickly and quietly before she hung up.

I powered off my phone and put it in my hoodie pocket before looking towards Evan again. He was fiddling with the strings of his hoodie with one hand, the other scrolling through his phone.

"So, you mentioned breakfast..." I spoke, a light tone of happiness lacing my words. Something I haven't heard in a while.

His eyes snapped up to meet mine and a smile added dimples to his face, which were a clear representation of his happiness. He nodded his head and opened the hatch and put the stairs down before going down. I followed him.

------Evan's POV-------

I was cooking eggs while Mr. Nelson, a butler who has worked here for all my life, set the table Jonathan was sitting at.

"Thank you." I heard Jonathan say from behind me. I look over my shoulder at him and he tapping his fimger on the dining table while watching Mr. Nelson.

His eyes caught mine and I quickly turned away, back to the eggs and scrambling them.

A click of a door made my head snap in the direction of the entrance. I could see the front dor through the archway leading into the kitchena nd there my parents were.

My mother wrapped in her fur coat and my father in his business suit, both drenched in water. Which leads me to believe that it is raining. To confirm this I looked forward as the window, and it is in fact decorated with raindrops.

I looked back at my parents, my mothers coat and purse were now in the hands of Mr. Nelson and my fathers breifcase was with Miss. Marimorr.

They began to approach the kitchen, when they entered they instantly looked towards Jonathan who was curiously looking out the window to his right.

"Who is this?" My mother's voice questions and I turn off the stove before looking at her.

"Jonathan. He's a friend from school." I answered and she nodded before strutting up to me and kissing my cheek.

"Anyway, you would not believe what we saw on our way back here. Dan want to explain? I must fix my hair." My mother went over to the living room through the kitchen archway and fixing her hair in the mirror above the fireplace.

"There was a group of people protesting in the rain." My father, Dan, said with no other emotion but disgust. Which gets me curious...what was the protest about?

"Way to explain, honey." My mother laughs, sauntering back into the kitchen. "It was a protest for 'acceptance of LGBT rights'," she laughs again, which I don't get. It's not funny. "People who go against the churchs teachings are sinners. Sinners don't deserve rights."

I felt a pang in my heart. I knew I was gay, and hearing my parents say this hurt. I never knew that they are that extreme about their religion. Thinking about it now, I don't know much about my parents. I don't even know which businesses they each run.

"How do they go against the church teachings?" Jonathan asked, my parents both looked at him - offended and surprised.

"Humans were made to reproduce and fucking the same gender as you won't do that." My father said, my mother shouting instantly after, "Dan! Watch your language!"

"Not all people who are apart of LGBT are interested in the same gender." Jonathan stated, my mother had a scowl on her face and a glare in her eyes.

"Mr. Nelson escort this man out of my house." My mother said, which surprised the hell out of me.

"Mom!" I protested, but she held a hand up to me before leaving the kutchen with my father following behind her.

"See you at school, Evan." Jonathan said following Mr. Nelson to the front entrance.

I just stood there shocked. My mother just kicked one of my friends out because they were being reasonable. I guess in her eyes he may have been disrespectful, but Jon was just stating the facts. I never thought my parents valued religion that much.

I don't know my parents...

Thankfully they don't know me either.

------------
Sorry for any grammatical errors.

~NES