Nine

I woke up around nine and decided to take a hot shower. The water felt amazing. It was freezing outside and I liked my room cooler so I could wrap myself up like a burrito.

"Hey, Q. Wanna go to the mall or something?" Kris yelled upstairs as I was getting dressed in some jeans, a plain t-shirt, and a cardigan.

"Sure. Let me finish getting ready." I yelled back.

"Okay. I'll be down here. Want coffee?"

"Yes, please! Vanilla creamer!" I smiled while drying my hair. I quickly threw on some natural makeup to make myself look presentable.

"Never know who you might see at the mall," I said to myself. After a few seconds, I started laughing. "Yeah, because hanging out with Kris Martin is an everyday experience." I took one last look in the mirror before grabbing my purse and Chuck Taylors.

"Good morning," Kris said, handing me my coffee.

"Why thank you. Good morning to you too." I smiled and sat down on the couch and checked Twitter. I had a bunch of notifications.

"Do you mind if I take a shower real quick before we go?" Kris asked. I shook my head.

"No, not at all. There are towels up there."

"Thanks. I'll be fast," He said, putting his cup down on the coffee table and running upstairs.

"No rush." I smiled and went back to my Twitter.

I went on twitter and sat my coffee down beside me.

"You are so beautiful!! Jackson is so lucky to have a daughter like you!!" @hockeygirl87 said.

"So jelly of you!! :)" @pensgurl__ said.

"Why did Anderson pick your mom? why not mine? I mean like I'm prettier than you .." @prettygirl87 said.

Geez, I was feeling pretty good until that one girl said something. It's not like I planned the whole thing. Oh well, words didn't really bother me that much. Jackson and my mom are happy so I'm happy. It's not my fault that one girl isn't happy with her life. I don't need negative puck bunny energy in my life.

I finished drinking my coffee as Kris came down the stairs. He makes a mean cup of joe.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"Yup. Just let me lock the door." I said, checking and then double-checking the door.

"Want to race?" He asked, smirking.

"Of course!" I smiled. We started running at the same time and I got there first. "I win!" I yelled.

"No! I won!" he argued.

"Okay. We tried." I said. He agreed, but really I won.

The ride to the mall was once again filled with laughter and headbanging to Green Day songs. We also stopped at Starbucks for another coffee break.

"Iced caramel whatever again?" Kris asked in the drive-thru.

"Yes, iced caramel macchiato with extra caramel. Please." I laughed. "Can I pay this time?"

"Nope," he responded and ordered our drinks.

I had most of mine gone by the time we pulled into the mall.

"What happened to your drink? It was large!" Kris asked.

"I drank it," I laughed.

"Mine's not even halfway gone," he said. I kept laughing.

"Well, you were driving," I said with a "duh" attitude.

"Yeah, yeah. Come on, let's head in. It's freezing outside."