CH. 1 [UPDATED]

The clock inside the silent conference room ticks at every second that passes by and the hands and feet of all the management grew more and more impatient.

A black car came to a stop in front of the tall building and the butler rushed over to open the back-seat door.

The sounds of her high heel against the hard, cold floor cause the employees to turn their heads. They bow to her as she walks through the lobby to the open elevator waiting for her.

The seconds continued to tick as she made her way up to the 25th floor.

Two staff opened the double door for her and she stepped into the conference room.

Cold stares and the silent air greeted her but she shows no reaction to the cold atmosphere.

She positioned herself in the leather chair right in the center and greeted everyone with the same cold stare.

MRS. JEON: "I apologize on behalf of my son who couldn't make it today. I'll ensure that all information gets to him without misinterpretation along the way."

An arrogant sneer got the attention of everyone in the room.

Their heads turned toward the CEO of Min's Incorporated, who was sitting at the center, another end of the long table.

He was looking down at the pen trapped inside his fiddling fingers, and the slight curve of his lips annoyed the nerve out of Mrs. Jeon and her muscles tensed furiously.

YOONGI: "Having his mama covering up for his ass, don't you think that's a little too disrespectful, Mrs. Jeon?"

Her nerve cells are attacking her from the inside but she tried to stay her cool as much as possible.

MRS. JEON: "We are here for business, Mr. Min, not to waste our time for personal revenge."

YOONGI: "Then can you explain, to why we wasted almost an hour of business time waiting on who?"

His strong gaze shifted up and locked her in.

Her lips were sealed and her chest heaved up and down, despite she was already trying to stay cool.

The corner of his lips slightly curved again, teasing her in every way that he can as he stood up from his leather chair.

YOONGI: "Shall we begin?"

He glanced at each one of them and then back to Mrs. Jeon.

She kept her cool though. She wouldn't let the gaze of that child scare her, but deep down, she couldn't help feeling the anger that was burning inside of her.

Slamming her fist against the desk, Mrs. Jeon glared furiously at the two bodyguards that were standing inside the office with her.

MRS. JEON: "Where is he? How can he leave me to get humiliated in front of all the other management?!"

BODYGUARD: "The tracking of his car went out of range, Mrs. Jeon. We couldn't

contact where he is."

MRS. JEON: "Find him and bring him here right this instant!"

She shouted furiously right before there was a knocking at the door.

MRS. JEON: "Come in!"

The door opened and another bodyguard stepped in.

He stepped over to her and whispered something into her ear. Her facial expression softens and her eyes grew wide in stunned.