CH. 16

[JUNGKOOK'S HOUSE]

Picking up the note that was lying beside the contract, Jungkook stared at it emotionlessly.

Farewell... Jungkook.

~Taeran

She had left him speechless. He woke up this morning and found no trace of her except this note that she had left behind.

He hasn't got the time to even wash up yet and was still shirtless, wearing only his sweat pant from last night.

After staring at the note for a very long time, he stepped back and sat on the edge of the bed.

He let the note dropped to the floor as he sat there... alone and empty.

He was such a fool. He should have known that this is what she intended to do.

She had planned this long ago, ever since from the trip to Jeju Island he was suspicious of her. But he still let himself fell into her trap.

This is what she wanted. She wanted this to happen between them so that she could use the contract as an excuse to go away from him.

Though he was angry... he doesn't have any rights to hold her back.

This is her choice and all that he can do was to accept it.

He fell backward onto the bed and closed his tired eyes. He continued to lay there and then a tear escape from the outer corner of his eyes and trekked down the side of his temple.

[AUNT SUJIN'S HOUSE]

Since the door to Aunt Sujin's house wasn't lock, Hyebin told Yoongi to stay outside and she'll go in to see if Aunt Sujin is home.

HYEBIN: "Aunt Sujin?"

She called out when she stepped into the living room.

HYEBIN: "Aunt Sujin?"

Her gazes wandered around the living room but then it landed on a picture frame on the coffee table.

It looks so familiar to her.

She stepped over and picked up the picture. Her heart dropped dramatically when she realized the picture was the exact same one that she saw in Yoongi's drawer.

HYEBIN: "Why does Aunt Sujin had this picture?"

She took a closer look at the woman who was in the picture and then her lips parted in a surprise.

The woman in the picture was Aunt Sujin.

Hyebin hardly recognize her because she was still young and slimmer in the picture but the similarity is still there.

She suddenly remembered yesterday after they came back from the event that Yoongi had to attend, she came and visit Aunt Sujin.

Yoongi didn't come because he was having a slight headache, so Hyebin came by herself.

~ HYEBIN: "We came to visit you yesterday but you weren't home so we left. Where did you go? Your door wasn't lock."

AUNT SUJIN: "Ah... I was in the backyard and then decided to go to the market down the street. I must have forgotten that I haven't locked the door."

Hyebin inhaled heavily and gave Aunt Sujin a look.

HYEBIN: "How many times have I told you to lock your door before going out? What if a thief intruded in and stole all your stuff? Or even hurt you?"

AUNT SUJIN: "I know. I know. I'll remember it from now on. So... how is your boss doing? He almost got hurt this morning. Is he okay?"

Hyebin's eyebrows twitched and she blinked her eyes questionably.