Six

A.N. I'M UPDATING? WAHH??

I'm sorry I've been away for so long. My inspiration and mind haven't been quite right, but i'm feeling better now.

Who's ready for some cracks to show?? No arguing about sides in the comments please.

-----------------------------------------

We tried our best to help anyone we could, but it broke my heart hearing people had lost their lives. We're suppose to save them not take them. People were screaming all over and looking at us in disgust. They hated us.

Wanda had been quiet ever since the incident. She wouldn't share eye contact with anybody on the team and just focused on helping others. I saw her face when the paramedics told her lives were lost. She blamed herself. I could see her kicking herself in her head, wanting to take it all back and do it differently. Unfortunately that's not something we can do.

Once the paramedics and ambulances took over, we headed back home. Wanda sat in silence, not wanting to be in this jet anymore. I told myself to talk to her once we were suited down. Everyone else was quiet too, only the sound of Friday was heard. Some of us were listening, some of us were not.

We arrived home and Wanda instantly headed to her room, with no word to me or the rest of the team. I sighed, knowing how hard this must be for her. Lives were lost that shouldn't have been and it was because of the decision she made.

I changed back into normal clothes and declined media outlets that wanted to speak to me about what happened. I watched the news as the King Of Wakanda spoke to the press. He wasn't happy with us and he had every right to be.

"You gunna talk to her?" Tom said from behind me, holing out my engagement ring. I turned to him, took my ring and put it back on, then turned back at the news.

"Yeah. Just give me a minute." I continued to watch reporters say their thoughts on the situation, flicking between different channels to see what each said. Long story short, they're beginning to not trust us anymore.

"Should I give Secretary Ross a call?" I sighed heavily into my hands before turning off the TV and standing up.

"I'm sure he'll be calling us. Tell me when Tony get's back." I told Tom, before heading to Wanda's room.

I could hear a reporters voice coming from her room, she was watching the news. I slowly walked in, took the remote control and turned the TV off.

"It's my fault." She spoke. "Go ahead, say it." I felt bad for her, I really did. But she had to face the truth about it. I wasn't going to lie to her, paint it all pretty for her.

"It was, yes. But we all made mistakes. I shouldn't have let Brock's words get to me, about Bucky, I could have stopped the bomb before he even pressed the button. Steve could have too, we all could have done something more, but we didn't. The people we were suppose to protect died because of that." I walked up to her and sat next to her on her bed. "It's on me too. I should have been more careful."

"It's on both of us." She said, facing me.

"This job is the hardest thing I've ever done, and I've fought in wars. We try to save as many people as we can. Not everybody makes it out. You did good, Wanda. But we're a team, we were all to blame." I told her, placing my hand on hers.

We were then interrupted by Vision walking through the wall and into Wanda's room.

"Vis! We talked about this." Wanda complained to Vision.

"Yes, but the door was open so I assumed..." He looked at me and he decided not to carry on with his sentence. "Mr Sykes wanted Agent Gomez to know that Mr Stark has arrived." I smiled at Vision.