Seven

A.N. I'm back cause why not?

Peggy's funeral time. Tissues at the ready. Sorry if this is really long. I owe you after the long gaps I've taken.

RIP Peggy Carter

-------------------------------

I packed a bag as quickly as I could and drove to Peggy's house, where she was found. I left the team in the hands of Steve. They all agreed not to talk about the accords until after the funeral; which would have to be in the next two days because of the accords. It hurts that we can't take our time and say goodbye properly but it must be done otherwise I lose my job and the world in more danger than it already is.

I arrived in around half an hour and could see the cops were outside, only there to check to see if there was no foul play.

I spotted Fred and George sat on the kerb, in each other arms.

"Fred, George." I called, getting out of my car. The boys heard me and instantly stood up. They both walked towards me and grappled me into a hug. I hugged them both tightly, a few tears escaping my eyes. I rubbed their backs with my hands and just held them. When Daniel died, they were all heartbroken, now Peggy is gone, I'm the only adult figure they have left. I need to be there for them. Like I was for Tony all these years. They needed me for than ever.

We came out of the hug and I saw they both had tears rolling down their cheeks. I wiped them away and weakly smiled at them, letting them know I was here for them.

We sat back down on the kerb as we waited for the cops to finish up. One officer came out and confirmed there was no foul play and she died peacefully in her sleep. He asked if I wanted to see her, knowing who I was. My heart stopped, seeing her would most definitely make my heart hurt, but I needed to see her. As soon as I nodded, the officer told us to go the hospital wait for him to so he could take us to her.

We thanked the officer then headed straight to my car and to the hospital.

I held the boys' hands as we walked inside, following the officer who talked to us before. Patients and nurses walking by saw me and wondered why I was here. Some must of saw the state of me and knew not to ask.

Soon enough, the officer lead us into the morgue. I took a deep breathe as I could see her grey curls from around the corner. My grip tightened on the boys' hands, knowing I was about to see the dead body of my best friend.

"Whenever you're ready, Miss Gomez." The officer smiled at us. I nodded to him and he left us to it. I found myself slowing walking towards her body, with the twins behind me. Within a few seconds I could see her whole body and I broke down. I took my hand out of Fred's to cover my mouth as the tears started again. Fred felt this, and put his arm around me, so he was till near me.

"Oh Peggy." I whispered, seeing her body. She was so pale and looked so peaceful. I wanted to go touch her but I was scared to. I thought if I did she would break and I didn't want to break her. She may be gone for us, but at least she's back with Daniel. Together in heaven.

We only had a couple of minutes with her as we needed to move quick if we were to give her a funeral in time. I explained to the boys why we had such a short time frame to do it in and they completely understood.

Even if we did have to rush, all my heart and love would be put into this funeral, like Peggy did with everything. I will not let these accords take anything away from this funeral, we are going to remember the wonderful life of Margaret Peggy Carter. Nothing will ruin it.

-------/-------

The church was booked, the coffin was bought and everyone I could think of was invited. Some of team didn't think they needed to be there because they didn't know her at all which was fine with me. I just needed Tony and Steve to be there. She impacted both their lives, they needed to be there.