Nine

A.N. Happy 2018 everybody! Here's the first chapter of the new year!

(The Infinity War trailer looks sick af. That might be the last film done in this series. we'll have to see)

----------------------------------

The girls sat me in a chair, letting me have a rest after Bucky. I didn't sit long as I saw Tony at the other side of the room, sat on the table in the middle. He had bruises on is face and he didn't look too happy. I stood up, ignored the pain I was in and walked over to Tony.

"You okay?" I questioned him, sitting next to him at the table. I placed my hand on his face, stroking a bruise which appeared on his temple. He winched at the contact but welcomed it a couple of seconds after. 

"You know he didn't mean it. It was the Hydra part of him, that man must have triggered it somehow." I informed Tony. He said nothing. He just looked at me. I knew what that look meant. "I'm fine. I just want to find them now."

Natasha joined us at the table, cracking her neck left and right. I thought I heard her say something to Bucky as he strangled her but I wasn't sure on what she said. If she said anything at all.

"I don't suppose you have any idea where they are?" Secretary Ross walked in, with a far from happy look on his face.

"If we did we wouldn't be sitting here." I said quite coldly. Ross ignored this.

"We will. GSG 9's got the borders covered. Recons flying 24/7. They'll get a hit. We'll handle it." Tony explained to Ross. 

"You don't get it, Stark. It's not yours to handle. It's clear you can't be objective. I'm putting Special Ops on this." Ross said. My attention was fully on him now.  I didn't think we'd need Special Ops.

"What happens when the shooting starts? What, do you kill Steve Rogers?" Natasha asked arms folded, also not happy with the situation.

"If we're provoked." Ross stated. I scoffed at that. There's no way in hell I'm letting them kill him. "Barnes would've been eliminated in Romania if it wasn't for Rogers. There are dead people who would be alive right now. Feel free to check my math." 

"All due respect, you're not gonna solve this with boys and bullets, Ross. You gotta let us bring them in. " Tony tried to get Ross our backs. Wasn't gonna work though.

"How would that end any differently than last time?" Ross asked.

"Because this time I won't be wearing loafers and a silk shirt. 72 hours, guaranteed."

"36 hours." Ross turned to me. "Barnes, Rogers and Wilson." 

"Of course, sir." I sighed, letting him turn and leave. I rubbed my eyes with my hands. I couldn't believe this is how we gotta do it.

"My left arm is numb. Is that normal?" I shook my head. Of course your arm isn't suppose to be numb.

Natasha got up from her seat, walked towards Tony and patted his shoulder. 

"You alright?" She asked him.

"Always." He was lying. He always lies about how he is.

"I don't know how we can do this in 36 hours." I broke my silence. Tony and Nat both looked at me. Out of everyone, these two knew every crap thing I've been through. They knew this was another one. "I can ask Tom for help but he can only go so far. We need help. Any ideas?" I asked my two best friends. Natasha knew people, maybe they could help.

"Would be great if we had a hulk right now." Tony noted, I nodded along. It would be great. But, as well as Thor we have no idea where he is still.