Chapter 5

(editing in progress)
As I walked home from the small bar where I changed my clothes, I saw Sokka walking in the same direction.
"Sokka!" I smiled. He turned around and waved. A caught up to him.

"Hey big bro." I punched his arm. He winced and we both laughed.
"Hey Tara. What are you doing here, shouldn't you be at the tea shop?" He asked.

"They let me out early. Another girl came to fill in." Sokka nodded.
I breathed a sigh of relief.
"How was you day?-I mean night?" I asked. It was hard to believe Sokka got up and started doing something. It was hard for him to be here in the FireNation. He, first of all, hated the FireNation. Second of all, he had to leave behind his girlfriend. Yue. I was surprised Sokka would ever stand up.

"It was great! Right when I walked in I started off with my usual ice breaker... Delivery, Did someone call for Sokka hot and ready?" Then he started laughing while patting me on the back.
"Very funny." I said sarcastically. He stopped laughing and gave me sad eyes.
"They thought it was funny." He said smugly.
I cracked a small smile. "Of coarse they did." I said inaudibly.

We walked home in silence after that.

When we walked through the door, my Father sat on the red cushioned chair. "What are you doing home this early Katara?" He stood up. But before I could say anything, Sokka interrupted.
"Thanks dad my day at work was great." Sokka said sarcastically.  Dad kept ignoring him and waited for my answer.

"They let me go early. Another girl came to take over my role." I said. Hakoda nodded but kept an eye one me.

"Okay." He walked over to Sokka and nodded. "Ready to go?" He said. Sokka nodded.

I raised and eyebrow. "Where are you two going?" I asked with a smile.
The both smiled while Sokka leaned on Hakoda's shoulder.
"We are doing manly things. Things for men. Only men." Sokka retorted. I frowned.
My dad rolled his eyes. "We are just going fishing for dinner." I nodded and let them leave.

I could hear their footsteps on the other side of the door fade. I sighed and went into my small room.
Since their was not a lot of room, I had to prop my feet on the desk that was next to the small bed.

And from their I waited. I waited a long time. I stared out the window. Well I wouldn't call it a window, more like a whole in the wall.

I saw small families of birds fly in the air. I saw the clear blue skies. I saw the large rundown lowering if the FireNation. So colorful and active.

I watched until the sun dropped in the sky and I heard the door open and close.
"Tara! We're home!" Sokka called. I ripped my eyes away from the window and got up.

I opened the door to see my dad unpack the fish from the large basket.
"Did you guys catch that?" I asked. My brown hair fell in dark curls in front of my shoulders.
they laughed. "No, we ended not finding a good spot to fish. It took us forever to find a reasonable body of water. Which was the ocean but they wouldn't allow us to do that, for some crazy reason." Sokka shrugged while slicing the fish. "We ended up going to the market. We bought enough for a few weeks." I nodded but they couldn't see me.

I sighed and sat on the couch. "Okay there Katara?" I didn't say anything. I heard them both stop moving.
Then Sokka whispered something to dad. They both grunted.

I didn't move.
It was good that I saved my energy today. Because I would need it tonight. I smiled.

Hey guys! Kasidy here! So I hope your liking the story so far. I promise I have a good concept going! Don't leave now!
Haha jk you can leave.
But seriously I have stuff planed! For right now tho, I would like to know how you guys are doing:)
Comment below:
Your name
Your age
Your favorite episode from ATLA or LOK
What stories you want me to check out

It can be your story or someone else's :)