Chapter 6

I took deep breath and jumped out the window I stared at all day. It was now dark out and my brother and father are long asleep.
Now I make my move.

I hate to say, but I truly am not doing this for my family anymore. I'm doing it for me. I don't ever get anything for me. It's always for them. But this is a secret I can keep to myself.
And now I must fulfill my passion.
That of coarse is to be the best.

I snuck through the sleepy streets of the FireNation. I pulled my black cloak up to my face.
The cloak dragged on the ground behind me, picking up the dirt from the road. Well I wouldn't call it a road. It was just a dirt path.

I continued, going the same way I did everyday. Until I got to my destination.

The training camp.
I just need to pass this camp to get to the elite group. And if want to do that, I need to impress the Prince's.
I cringed at that fact. The younger Prince I met today was at the utmost rude.

I frowned but kept walking.
The camp was really dark but I could still see the obstacles.
I walked to the corner and set my stuff down, then I made my way to the beginning of the coarse.

And I ran. Each obstacle was passed with speed and agility. Until I got to the log in the mud. Where I tripped and fell on my butt.

"Ugh!" I got back up and raked the mud off my backside. The fire nation was a very dry place, but the pumped water into the dirt over here to make it a "fun" experience.

Water. There it water in the mud!
My eyes widened and I started back at the beginning. This time I held my hands slightly out to my sides and felt for the water on the ground.
I pushed out on both sides, repealing me from the ground, that way I wouldn't fall.

I ran the obstacle coarse, this time using the technique I learned.
I was right. I stayed on the coarse the entire time. And I made it to the final spider-bat wall.

And I perched my self on the top. I could see the entire training base. And I could see a couple lit tents. I got scared at first that maybe someone heard me, but then I watched as a shadow danced around one of them.

I cocked an eyebrow and came down from the wall. I made my way closer to the tent.
And if I listened close enough I could hear the breathing.

I stood still as I got really close to the tent.
The shadow seemed to be taking its shirt off. Oh it was definitely a man. He had beautiful curves of muscle.
I watched closely.
He then took out his top knot and his hair fell in his face. He ran his hands through it then rested his arms on his hips.
He took a long breath, then with a snap of his fingers his shadow was gone. He firebended the small flame from the lantern.

After there was nothing left to watch, I stepped back as slowly as I could.
Unfortunately I stepped on the smallest twig and it made a slight crack.

The man was awake again. The lantern lit. I could see his shadow approach the exit of the tent.
I scampered back. "Who's there!"
But I was already running out of the base.
And down the streets.
And back to my house where I slowly made my way to my bed. My dark skin reflected the poring moon light and my blue eyes gazed around the room. But my thoughts were somewhere else.

That voice was familiar, I don't remember who had that voice, but it was very familiar.

I decided to leave it alone. My eyes started to close.
Then I realized something.
I left my bag there!