Chapter 21

"Go!" The older man screamed from a distance as we raced around the path.
After the incident earlier, none of the other soldiers spoke to me. Well to be fair they never talked to me, but this time, the avoided me at all costs. Even Aang stayed away. Him and Jet's gang were leading the group of people running. I stayed in the back, partially because I had shorter legs and couldn't keep up with the rest.

But at suit, I followed.
The day dragged on boring and my strength was only being tested from the morning.
By night fall we all gathered in a crowd, the old instructor stood in the middle, inspecting the men.
Oh how I missed the Prince's presence. I frowned at the tingly feeling that entered my chest.

"You!" He pointed out into the crowd out of my sight.

I quickly moved to see where he was pointing.
"Me?" The random guy said dumbly.
"Yes you! Get out here." He waved his hand up to the front.

Quickly, I moved to the front to see what was going on.
Jet appeared from the crowd with a smirk on his face and a shrug on his shoulders.

"Yes sir?" He said with as much sarcasm as possible.
"Pick someone to spar." He waved as if not really caring what the boy did. The old man walked away to sit down on a near log.
Jet seamed to be happy of his new position.

He quickly walked around the crowds of men, inspecting each one, occasionally flicking someone on the shoulder.
Until finally he was standing in front of me. I could already feel it coming. I held a strong facial expression and lifted my chin.

Jet leaned down slowly to reach my hight and placed a finger under my chin. I turned my head away quickly. His smirk became wider.

"Let's see the little girl spread her flames" he whispered softly.

I gulped and squeezed my eyes shut. Some of the other men from his gang chuckled.

"Very well." The instructor said with a look of boredom.

"Show me what you got." Jet backed up and put on his best fighting stance.
My physical components didn't even add up to Jets, and without waterbending I didn't know how else to knock this boy into place.
But I didn't look like I was getting out of it. Even if I was able to say no, I wouldn't say it. It would just make me look like a wimp. And for being the only girl on a military decision I already was at a disadvantage.
I bounced forward on which feet, taking a fighting stance in front of Jet.

"Are you ready little girl!" He waved for me to attack.
I growled, "I don't know, are you?"
Some of the men chuckled.
If I couldn't scare the boy physically I would show him to be scared of my confidence.
Even if I had little to none. A voice crept into my head.

I had to have confidence to even get up here, that counts for something right!

"Very funny, but talking isn't going to make you win this." He chuckled.
"In my book, I'm already done with you boy."

We made circles around each other.

"Shut up you sissies and fight!" The man yelled.
I turned in his direction at the wrong time and was quickly knocked over my jets foot at my ankle.
I gasped and fell on my hands.

"Whore." He mumbled and turned to wait for my move.
My face was full of heat and my hands were shaking. The fight barely started and I was already ready to rip this young mans ball sack off.

"Jack ass!" I said louder while pushing my self up off the ground.

"Hm..a young lady like you shouldn't be using such profanity." He risked and shot a punch on my shoulder.
I quickly dodged him and went under to punch him in the gut. I quickly came back around to kick him strait in the back. Causing him to fall over.
"I thought I would be facing a challenge, this is just warm up." I stretched my arms out as if bored of his performance.
He hissed and got back up.

Jet came at me quickly nocking my on the ground with his hands. I grunted and my legs gave out from under me. Jet holds me down and nails a shot right at my cheek.
I let out a cry of shear pain and my vision goes black quickly...