chapter 9

The bed sheets only covered my legs as I watched out the window. Now something I promised to do every night. I waited for the moon to reach it's highest peak in the sky. Then I lept from my bed.

I shrugged my coat over my shoulders and pulled my hood over my head. I looked again at the small living space I called home, then I moved to the front and walked in the middle of the dirt path.

The streets were dark again. I walked slowly. Very slowly. I took in each tiny shop.
Fruit market. Cabbage cart. Jewelry.
Hospital.
I stopped and looked in the window.

The sick were sleeping in rows, side by side, shoulder to shoulder.
Some people had bruises and bumps. Some people were slightly green in the face. I frowned and took deep breathes.

Then I slowly turned the knob of the door.
Nobody woke up, and none of them flinched. I walked into the large room.

If you took out all the people, you would be left with only a small desk and two doors. The other door I'm guessing led to the patients room.

I crouched on the floor right next to the first person.
"Don't worry. I will help." I whispered to the young earthkingdom girl.
She didn't move.
I smiled at her and looked up to see if I could find water anywhere. Nothing. The firenation was a hot dry place.

I stood back up. The windows were small but I could see the moon light flow through.
I soaked in the energy and waved my hand through the air to collect all the water I could.
As I waved my hand even more the water started bubbling on my skin. I kept going until the water formed perfectly around my fingers. I sighed and leaned down. I brushed the girls hair from her face and pressed my hand on her cheek.

The water began to glow. A smiled curled up my lips and the girl began to have long easy breaths.

I pulled my hand away and moved to the women sitting next to her.

I continued for a long time. But each time took all my energy.

When I was finally completed I was in the back of the room.
I lightly jumped over each person until I got to the door again.