Chapter 29

"Katara!" Zuko jumped back quickly from his position on the noblewomen. My eyebrows fell at the corners and my mouth opened slightly. I didn't even know why I was even bothered by this. This was his girlfriend.

"Why?" My voice broke as I brought my hand up to my mouth and ran.
At the final glance I saw Mai grab Zuko's bare arm. 
Tears fell quickly from my eyes as I ran back to the rock tent. The door opened as I approached.
"Katara! What happened." Suki grabbed my arm and pulled me to sit down as Toph closed the door.

I bared my face in my skirt. "I'm over reacting, it's nothing." But my heart still yearned. It wasn't like me to feel this emotional towards anyone who I wasn't related to. In the Watertribes family was everything. And we married for pure love. Unlike what I've heard with firenation, which was more political.

"If it was nothing you wouldn't be crying one minute after you left." Toph said with a slight tone of sassiness. 

I rolled over in my corner and closed my eyes.

Toph was right, Zuko was no virgin.

***

The next morning felt slow. Everyone packed  up their things and continued on the trail. Suki, Toph and I walked side by side. A good night rest truly helped, I no longer felt saddened, but more angry. What's with this guy! I find out he loves me, and I get my hopes up when he invites me to his tent the boom! Sexing up another girl who so happens to be his girlfriend. Which makes me livid since I'm getting mad that He's bedding a girl he's dating. Which is normal. And I can't stand it. UGH what is going on with me.
"Ugh!"  I groaned and face palmed.
"Woah calm down sweetness." Toph shook her head. Then her head popped back up. "Red alert girls, chins high." She chuckled and we all nodded and lifted our chins.

"Katara, I-" I heard Zuko's voice beside me. I refused to look at him.
"She's not talking to you." I felt proud that these girls were such good friends. I almost smiled.
Zuko sighed and held a hand to his jaw.
"Can I at least explain what happened?" He held his hands out in question.
Suki and Toph looked at each other than faced forward again.

"Nah." They both said in Union. Zuko growled.

I finally decided to speak. "Suki, Toph, do you mind." I turned and faced them, giving a small smile in thanks. They nodded and stopped walking to give us some space. Then I turned my attention to Prince Zuko. "Look, I don't know what game your playing, but I don't want to be apart of it." I waved my hand in front of him.

"Let me just tell you what was going on last might." His good eye shaped into sadness but slight hope. I shook my head.

"I honestly don't want to dive into detail about last night. You have a girlfriend, and I obviously don't deserve to feel bad about this." I tried to walk faster to get away from him, but he had longer legs so he very easily caught up.

"That night was very...one sided. I promise you." He tried to touch my arm but I pulled away.
"You act like I care." I crossed my arms over my chest.
"I think you do." He almost looked like he was smirking.

My jaw clenched. "Aren't you not supposed to show favoritism."

He ignored that comment. "Please, let make it up to you. Tonight?" He asked. I didn't change my facial expression.

"Fine. But if see any more naked tangled bodies-" I cut off before I could say anything else even more embarrassing. I cringed and looked up to see Zuko's facial expression. His eyes looked shocked and his face was blood red.