Chapter 10

Being late twice in a row is not good for my reputation.

Iade my way into the camp, everyone is already lined up to do the course. I quickly put my stuff down and moved to the back. I tried to act like it wasn't a big deal that I was late, but Prince Zuko seemed to notice me real quickly.
He made his way to the line as well.

"Your highness." I said smugly. His expression stayed the same.

"You are late." His eyebrows forrowed.

"You just now noticed." I tried not to show any signs of fear and hesitation.

He shot daggers with his eyes. I was barely able to dodge them.
But I stared back at him. His golden eyes stayed strong and solid. One day though, I will watch them melt.

He loosened up his stiffness and rolled his left foot back as if he was about to turn around. "Please don't make it happen again." He said quietly.
Then he motioned for me to go next for the course. I didn't look at him anymore, instead I watched the course. I thought of the trick I used the other night.

I felt the water around me and I made it reppel me on all sides exept for my front.

Then I bolted down the course. I dodged everything that was headed for me and I balanced perfectly on everything gracefully. When I finally got to the end, I stood looking down on everyone else. I could see the prince walk over to the lit large tent, and open the curtians.

The instructor came running out. Prince Zuko pionted at me and the instructor looked quite amazed.

I smiled. But the instructor shook his head. Prince Zuko bowed and walked slowly to where he was standing.

I frowned.

The entire camp was clapping. Aang hooted and hollered.
I laughed at him and climbed the latter down.
I received plenty of praise.

I walked over to my bag and looked through my stuff.
After checking if I had everything, I made my way to the small bar a couple shops away from the base.

I walked in and threw three bronze peices at the bartender. "Ice water." He smiled and laughed.

"Indeed miss Katara." Mr. Hugon said politly.

I usually had to pay Hugon back for the waters by the end of the week so I gave him an extra 2 pieces.

I smiled and made my to the bathroom.

When I came in, I traded my clothes out and freshioned up. I smiled in the mirror and opened the door. I walked down the short hall and made my way to the tall counter.

I sat down and drank my water. "Mr.Hugon? Do you have a lemon-rasberry?"
I saw someone's head pop up in the back. He was sitting at a table by himself. I didn't pay much attention to him though.

"I do, miss Katara. Would you like one?" He asked.
I nodded. "Yes sir."
The turned again. This time he stood up and started walking towards me. I kept my eyes away from the figure and waited for the fruit.

"Hey." I turned around to see prince Zuko standing right there. "Mind if I sit here?" I shook my head and he sat down.

When Mr. Hugon came over with the lemon-raseberry.
"Here you go miss Katara, enjoy that drink of yours."
He then moved to Prince Zuko. "What would you like sir?" He wiped the dusty counter with a rag.

"Fire whiskey." He nodded and left to make the drink.
I was shocked, he didn't look old enough to drink yet. I'm my tribe we had to be 25.

He looked over at me and leaned closer. "Drinking age here is 17." His voice was soft but raspy.
I nodded and looked down at my water.
"Congratulations on moving to next base, by the way." He said while being handed his drink.

"Thank you." I said awkwardly. This was very weird to me. He was supposed to be my commander.
"I didn't know you worked in a tea shop." He said looking down at my tea apron. You don't anything about me!

"Yeah." I traced the condinsation on the glass of my drink.
His eyes wandered around the bar that was filled to the brim with rough men.

"What are you doing in a place like this?" He questioned.
This guy and questions!
"Maybe I should say the same."
He was a high class prince in a low class bar. I think that should be questioned before my sinario.

He raisen an eyebrow. He tapped the counter with a finger then stopped after a few short seconds.
Then he nodded in defeat.

I finished my water and ate the lemon-raseberry at the bottom. "Mr. Hugon, I'm done." I spoke up.
He came over smiling.

"Good! I understand you have a birthday coming up in a couple days, huh?" He asked leaning against the counter.
Prince Zuko looked over his shoulder at me.

"Yes, in two days." I confirmed.
"How old?" Hugon asked.

"I will be 17." He smiled.
"Very happy age." I nodded and he left.

"17. That's awful young to be in a training camp." Prince Zuko seemed to have a lot of questions and statements on his mind.

I bobbed my eyebrows and started to proceed out if my chair.

"I shall expect to see you on time tomorrow, is that correct?" He asked.
I ignored him and made my way to the door.
"Would you like me to walk you home?" He offered his hand.

"No thanks, I know my way around believe it or not." I said very monotone.

"I insist." He grabbed my hand anyway. His skin sent waves of electricity up my arm. He was so warm and smooth. "As a prince I will be chivalrous."

"You sure didn't act like this during training." I mumbled. He seemed to hear me and he stopped in his path.

Then he looked to the ground. "I act however my father would act. If that means be harsh. I am harsh." His face was stone.
I frowned.
"You don't have to though." I said softly.

"But I need to." He lowed his head.

We were walking so fast I didn't realize that my house was right here.

"Here we are." He let go of me and I turned towards him. "I'll be on time."

He cracked a very small smile and bowed.

"Katara! Get in here!" I could hear my brother yell. I squinted and bowed back.

I quickly went inside.

"What?" I asked slightly agrivated.

"Can you make dinner?" I growled.
"That's why you screamed at me!" I dropped my things on the floor.

"Well I had to help you get away from the pesky ash maker." He wobbled his head as if debating in his head.

"I was doing perfectly fine on my own. What's your problem anyway?" I mumbled.

"They are dangerous! And selfish, and don't deserve anything put pain."
My eyes widened.

"I didn't know you felt so strongly about this. What a shame. They gave you a house, food, a job. And you repay them like this. Make your own dinner."

I walked to my room and slammed the door. I don't like the firenation, but they already gave our family alot I'm not going to dis the out.

The prince quickly slipped into my mind.
He was very different a couple minutes ago. What's the deal?
He wasn't extremely mean to me before but he was a stone wall, perfectly carved cement.
Then he was kind of sweet and curious. I don't know why but I'm drawn to both sides.