Chapter Three

Jeanie spent her entire afternoon since Mr Moreau left, worrying he'd barge through the door and order her to leave his house the moment he remembers she's the crazy lady from the job interview. And as the day gave way to night, she had given up on the thought of his return and was beginning to settle into his home. It almost didn't seem fair that a man with a cold stone heart had this much luxury to enjoy alone.

Curious, she went up the stairs and began examining the bedrooms. Two doors stood shut and she pushed the first door open, giving way to a large bedroom decorated to look like a hotel room; an expensive hotel room with a Queen size bed, white sheets, white walls, a large glass window with a view that knocked the air out her lungs and a gold carpet sprawled on the floor. She silently made her way into the room and began inspecting it. Yup, life was unfair. Life was totally unfair but Jeanie wouldn't give in to self pity, not tonight.

So, her inspection continued and by the time she was done inspecting the two rooms, self pity had fully blossomed into depression and Jeanie did what any depressed soul would do; she found herself a nice glass of expensive red wine in the refrigerator and began attempting to drown her sorrows in it.

"No strangers in my house, Jeanie!" She made a sour face and took a drink. "No breaking of my furniture, Jeanie!" She emptied her glass and rose to her feet, the kitchen walls spinning before her eyes. "And please, for the love of pizza, stay out of my bedroom!"

Tears filled her eyes.

"Well, Mr, I didn't stay out of your bedroom!" She stuck out her tongue and pointed a shaky finger at the wine bottle that bore a striking, drunken resemblance to Mr Moreau. "I went in and I'll admit, it's gorgeous. Even found some expensive female clothes in your massive closet that's twice the size of my entire apartment!" She wailed. "Then there was the wine! Never had anything like it." She took hold of the wine bottle and glared at it. "I hate you, Mr Moreau. I hate you and I hate your guts!" She threw the bottle against the wall and watched as it shattered and fell to the ground in shards.

Turning to face a blurry image of the door, she stumbled her way out and after a long while of waiting in vain for the floors to stop dancing before her eyes, she crawled up the stairs and found his bedroom. She pushed the door wide open, the door slamming hard against the wall.

Jeanie made her way to his walk in closet and found the female clothes she had seen earlier. For whatever reason a single man had any woman's dream collection of clothes, she didn't care. But Jeanie had never tried on expensive designer clothes as these and hell would freeze over before she let this opportunity pass her by.

Her fingers ran through many expensive fabrics until she came across a blue, silk, long dress.

"Mr Fancy pants!" She made a face and went to the large wall mirror where she peeled off her clothes and wore the dress.

A smile settled on her face as the dress fit her body perfectly, perhaps too perfectly. If Jeanie had any say in it, she looked like a princess. Or at least that was what her drunken mind told her.

She pulled her hair up and held it captive above her head.

"You, Jeanie are beautiful!" She smiled. "A beauty who's unfortunately stuck in the castle of a beast with no way out! Help me good lord but might I somehow desire to earn his love and his heart..." Her voice took on a higher pitch. "I'll take that black heart and turn it white."

She gasped, her mind all of a sudden creating an image of Mr Moreau kneeling right before her.

"You're the most beautiful princess in this ball." He smiled. "What is your name?"

"Belle. My name's Belle." She smiled in return.

"Belle, will you, Belle, marry me?"

Jeanie gasped, turning around and scanning the unfamiliar environment of a large ball room with the dresses in the closet appearing to her as men and women. A part of her knew she was being delusional but there was a part that wanted to stay here and live this delusional life.

She nodded. "I will."

Just then, the phone in Mr Moreau's bedroom rang. Frustrated, Jeanie reluctantly staggered out the closet and to the phone.

She pressed it to her ears. "The beast's castle, how may I help you?" She slurred.

"What?" A female voice called from the other end of the phone. "Excuse me, am I on to Mr Moreau?"

"Nope." Jeanie said, twirling the phone's cord with her finger as she all of a sudden found it fascinating. "This is Belle, Mr Moreau's fiancee."

A long pause on the other end.

"Mr Moreau is engaged?" The female sounded intrigued.

"Uh huh. To me."

"I see... Well, I was calling to remind him of the interview he promised, hoping to set up a date with him..."

"Lady," Jeanie rolled her eyes, disgusted. "It's inappropriate to have a date with a man who's getting married in..." She counted lazily on her fingers then shrugged. "We're still working on the date but it's still inappropriate. Goodbye!"

She slammed the receiver and fell face down on the bed, tired and exhausted. Pulling her eyelids shut, she fell asleep.

Copyright © 2017 Lily Orevba All rights reserved.

*

A/N

The picture above is the best rendition of what Jeanie looked like that night 😂. Anyway, what are your thoughts on this chapter? Do vote...