8

"I heard she had sex with him," I hear a girl say. "There's evidence too, what a slut."

"I have never even seen them together," I hear a boy exclaim. "She really wanted that to be a secret, or was he too ashamed of her? I'm not even surprised to be honest, I saw it coming. You can tell with girls these days."

"Look at her," I turn around to see two girls in the year below me. "Wait, how come you have lost your virginity before me? You're not even that pretty, he must have been desperate to get with someone like you."

"Go tell your little friends this," I grab one by the collar. "I did not have sex with him, nor anyone else. I don't know who has been following me taking pictures, but when I do..."

"S-sure," I let go of her, the other girl seems to have disappeared. "I'll be going."

Frustrated, I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists; which one of these are my stalker? Yet another school where my reputation has been ruined by Taehyung. Maybe I should move to a different school and not tell him? I can't have him ruin the only part of my life I can be free.

"Everyone!" One of the older boys shouts down the corridor, catching everyone's attention. "There's a fight in the yard, and it's actually good!"

As if the bell has signaled lunch, the corridor was empty in a matter of a minute. School really does change people. Outside of here they'll cry over a ladybug crushed under a car but in school they'd gladly watch someone be tortured in the worst ways possible. I can't believe everyone actually believed in the rumour; they're only photos of me going inside his house, not a sex tape or something. I should go and give Taehyung a piece of my mind, I told him that if we got caught there would be consequences to both of us, but of course he didn't listen to me. He's too protective over me, it's worrying. Ever since I met him I have been pushing him away, it's been hard, he is a lovable person after all. I can't let him into my life, it would only harm him. I don't think I would be able to live if something happened to Taehyung, I'll never admit it though.

"Y/N!" I jump slightly at the sudden voice, I turn around to see one of Taehyung's friends; Jungkook. "Taehyung! It's Taehyung! He started punching Seungi and now they're in a massive fight, you have to stop him!"

"I-" before I can say anything I am already being dragged to the yard. "What do you mean he's in a fight? Are you sure? The only time I saw Taehyung causing harm was to himself when he walked into a glass door. Why would he suddenly start a fight for?"

"Too many questions but," Jungkook breaks into a run, I tumble after him. "He's in a fight, I am sure, I don't doubt you and it's because Seungi is the one who started the rumour."

"But Seungi is known for winning fights," I pant, confused. "Is Taehyung crazy? He's going to die!"

"I know!" Jungkook calls, picking up his speed. "That's why you need to intervene and stop him. We tried everything to get him off him but he is adamant, you need to get him out of there because he wouldn't listen to a word we said, and we both know he isn't doing it for himself."

"That idiot," I'm going to beat him up after this. "How many times have I told him to not fight my battles? This is the exact reason I can't let him get close to me.."

I only hope that Jungkook didn't hear what I said at the end as the chants of 'fight' were getting louder I began to panic. What am I going to do? I can't let that idiot get himself killed because of me.

"Move!" I shout as I push my way through the crowd, losing Jungkook on the way. "Taehyung!"

On the floor was Taehyung lying on the ground covered in grass and blood, Seungi stood above him, repeatedly punching him in the face. Both of them looked as if they had been ran over by a lorry. When Taehyung saw me his eyes widened and he kicked Seungi's stomach, making him fall to the ground. Now it was Seungi lying on the ground and Taehyung standing over him, repeatedly punching him in the face.

"Stop!" I run to them and hold onto Taehyung's raised fist. "Who are you? You're not my Taehyung!"

"Y/N.." I know my words hurt him, his arms fall to his sides and he looks as if he is either going to black out or cry. "I didn't mean to, he was the one who started the rumour. He was calling you names, I'm sorry. Please forgive me, I just got angry."

"I don't care if you 'just got angry'!" I shout, something inside snapped. "Look at what you did to Seungi! Did you really think I would want this? Really?"

Before he can say anything, I help Seungi up and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Can't you stop causing me trouble for once?" I snap, walking past him with Seungi by my side. "You're such a bother, just leave me alone."