21

"Y/N," I smile at the familiar voice. "Welcome back, you have changed so much since the last time I saw you."

"Likewise," I grin, hugging her. "I should have visited earlier but I've been so busy lately."

"All that matters is that you're here now," she smiles widely. "Come and take a seat, as you can see my decor hasn't changed at all."

"I have always liked your style," I look around the room. "Wow, you really didn't change a thing."

"I was talking to your parents this morning," she put her chin in her hands, grinning. "They told me you have just finished medical school, congratulations, I knew you could do it."

"I am lucky to have them," I sigh. "They took me in so quickly, they took me here to see you before I got worse and they paid for me to go to my dream university. They have showed me what real parenting is, I am forever grateful to them."

"How is your biological mother doing?" She takes a sip of water. "Still in care?"

"Yes," I nod. "She's slowly recovering, she has apologised to me over a thousand times, no matter how many times I have said I have forgiven her. My uncle is still serving his time in prison, thankfully. I still visit Taehyung's parents time to time, they are doing well too."

"Good," she purses her lips before asking. "And how are you feeling?"

"I'm doing great," I reply, surprising her. "And it's all thanks to Taehyung himself."

"Sorry?" Her facial expression makes me laugh. "I don't understand, what do you mean?"

"On that day I threw my phone to the floor," I explain, my hands resting on my lap. "After I finished my session with you I was helping with Taehyung's parents to clear out his bedroom and that's where I found my phone."

"I still don't understand," she furrows her eyebrows. "Am I missing something obvious?"

"That kid makes me laugh even after he's dead," I giggle. "When I went onto my phone I realised I had twenty eight messages from Taehyung. I don't know what he did but for an entire year I got a message a day from him, he must have prepared for that for a while."

"Can I see one?" She asks.

 I nod and show her the first message:

 A suicide note is so cliché, and you know how un-cliché I am. Anyway, I wanted to make sure you're okay whilst I'm gone. Don't try and follow me into the after-life or I'll beat your ass.

Love, Taehyung