14

"Taehyung!" I scream, running into his back. "Quick, we need to hide!"

"What are you talking about?" He smiles, ruffling my hair. "What's wrong, Y/N?"

"He's going to kill me," I pant, looking down the street. "I need to leave before he catches me."

"Who is 'he'?" Taehyung holds me by the shoulders. "And why is he after you?"

"My uncle," I answer, looking straight in his eyes. "I did something stupid, please, help me."

"I'll ask you more questions later," Taehyung grabs my hand and starts to run down an alleyway, the moon illuminating the path. "You can stay at mine, my parents are on holiday for the week."

"Thanks," I smile, not noticing our hands. "I don't know what I would do without you."

"You would probably perish and die," he laughs at himself. "Joking, you'd do just fine."

"It's nice to know you think so highly of our friendship," I reply, sarcastically. "I didn't know you could run so fast, why don't you try out for the running competition at school next week?"

"Running isn't my thing," Taehyung turns the corner, with me tumbling behind. "Especially when it's running away from your uncle."

"What is your 'thing' then?" I nearly trip over but I regain my footing at the last second. "Spying at girls in the changing rooms?"

"Out of the two of us I'm pretty sure you're the pervert," we jump over a fallen trash can. "My 'thing' is you, Y/N."

"I'm going to kick you in the balls if you don't stop with your horrendous flirting," I try to hit him on his shoulder but I scrape my knuckles on the wall. "Ow!"

"Are you okay?" Taehyung immediately halts, and brings my hand delicately to his eyes. "We need to treat this."

"It's just a light scratch," I say, but I wince when he gently rubs my knuckles. "We need to keep going, I can't have my uncle find me."

"Get on my back," Taehyung commands, slightly crouching down. "Now."

"Why do you exaggerate everything?" I sigh, climbing onto his back. "My knuckles are hurt, not my legs."

"You run too slow anyway," he begins to sprint, I hold onto his shirt. "We'll get home quicker."

"Home," I whisper to myself.

"Did you say something?" Taehyung asks, his grip on my legs makes me feel safe; something I don't feel without him. 

"It's nothing," I quickly reply. "I was just talking to myself."

"If you're sure," he slows down and walks to the familiar red door. "Finally."

"You never change anything," I look at the flowerbed full of life. "Everything still looks perfect."

"I didn't know you liked flowers," he says, unlocking the door. "Which is your favourite?"

"Daisies," I reply, before realising there isn't any daisies in his garden. "Why are there no daisies in your garden?" 

"Because daisies are everywhere," Taehyung takes his key out. "They're not very special like the other flowers."

"I like them because they're everywhere," I rest my head on his shoulder, a sleepy sensation waves over me like waves on sand. "I'm reminded of happiness and hope wherever I am."

"Fair enough," I don't have to look at him to know he is grinning, he opens the door. "Home, sweet home."

"Home, sweet home." I reply, before falling asleep.