17

"You were in love with him," she whispers to herself, I can still hear her. "How tragic."

"Thank you for your pity," I reply dryly, she jumps a little. "I really appreciate it."

"Sorry," she bows slightly. "I'm just trying to solve you, that's all."

"You can't finish a jigsaw," I glance out of the window to see it has gone dark. "When some of the pieces are lost."

"Exactly," she smiles. "We have to work together to find the missing pieces, and then it's complete!"

"Except," I look back at her. "Most of the pieces are broken, snapped in half. Unless someone has the time and effort to fix all the pieces, find the missing ones and then put it altogether the puzzle will always be incomplete."

"You are not broken," she says like a mother scorning her child. "No one is broken, lost maybe, but never broken."

"Everyone is broken," I laugh, for no reason. "Just in different ways, for different reasons."

"Did Taehyung seem broken?" Her words make me shudder. "Did you ever suspect-"

"Taehyung was Taehyung," I blink the tears away. "He was my best friend, he was always there. What am I supposed to do now he's gone? He has taken all the pieces of me with him, I am no one without him."