Chapter 49

(STILL AMY'S POV)

My dad remained in hospital for the next week, mum and I visited every day, they thought he was going to be fine, but to me he looked worse everyday.

It was really disturbing and upsetting seeing him so distressed.

I couldn't concentrate on my work, even though I had important exams coming up.

I talked to Harry every night and he knew about my dad. He was really supportive but I knew that if.

If my dad died then nothing would ever be the same again.

He had a massive operation 2 weeks later and mum and I sat out side the operation theatre for 3 hours while it took place.

We waited to hear the news, if he was going to die or stay.

We sat hand in hand, bated breath, in silence.

After forever a nurse came out of the room.

She looked down at us seriously.

" you are Mr Jakes daughter and wife yes?" She said.

She wasn't smiling. I suddenly felt sick. My heart was beating like crazy.

He was dead wasn't he.

"I am very relieved to tell you both that mr Jakes is right as rain"

I let out a breath I'd be holding in for ages.

"He need to rest here for 1 week then he is out again, he's going to be 100% fine. It's such a good thing you called us in time though." She said to me smiling warmly. "It could have been alot worse."

Then she tuned on her heel, back into the room.

I turned to mum, both of us crying and smiling, we embraced, crying with relief.

My dad was going to be fine. He was going to be right as rain.