Chapter 1

Kozume.

Things always seem new at the beginning. When meeting people, you're always uncomfortable in being with them at first but then, the longer time you spend with them, you form a bond. Whether we like the person or not, we have no choice but to accept them as a part of our life when we meet them.

Hurting will always feel new except if you experience it everyday.

There are three types of pain that a person can experience. One is physical pain where you feel it on flesh. It can be caused by others and by yourself as well.

Two, mental pain wherein something or someone hurts you to the extent where it affects your way of thinking; your sanity.

Three, emotional pain. The worst of all.

You can underago physical and mental pain but you can't avoid emotional pain. Both will result to it no matter what.

You hurt yourself or others hurt you because of what they think or what you think of yourself. You think and somehow, the longer the thought lingers, you start to believe it.
It starts to affect your way of thinking and the negative thoughts drag you down.

You hurt emotionally and you feel your heart clench as if it was being gripped by someone's hands.

And sooner or later,

It breaks.

So we all try to take the easy path.
We search for a way to get rid of things we don't want but we find only one thing.

It was death.

To easiest way to end suffering is to die.

"Kenma-san?" Hinata's voice disrupted the train of thoughts that Kenma had. "You still there?"

"Yeah."

"A-are you sure you're gonna go?" The boy whimpered on the other line and Kenma had to close his eyes in order to keep his composure.

"Yes Shoyo." He sighed as he pushed his camera down his bag.

Hinata didn't speak and the silence from Kenma's room only made him hear the sniffles that the younger male lets out.

When Kenma finished packing, he couldn't help but doubt his decision.

Tomorrow is the first day of summer and most likely Kenma's last summer.

"W-we'll see each other again, right?"

Kenma's breathing hitched for lying made him feel guilty but what can he do? Tell his bestfriend he was planning to commit suicide the moment summer ends.

"T-technically, yes." Kenma bit his lip and slung his backpack over his shoulder "If you think logically."

"What do you mean?"

The blonde only sighed "It's a goodbye for now Shoyo."

"You'll call soon right?"

"No."

The first step to leave life without regrets is to cut strings attached.