Chapter 5

Kozume.

They said people dream of what their heart contains. But Kenma's dream was nothing but pitch black darkness What people say is true.
Kenma dreamt of nothing because that's what his heart contains.

He glanced at the clock on the bedside table sleepily and it read 11:28 pm.
Realizing it was 32 minutes before the first day of summer, Kenma jumped up from his bed and pushed himself into his bathroom, taking a quick shower.

He wanted to slap himself for sleeping for so long ; 9 hours since he came here. Kenma was supposed to rest for only 3 hours and take a stroll around Tokyo before going to a nearby lake

Kenma huffed in annoyance and walked to the door slowly with a blanket over his head. When Kenma opened it, the boy's eyes squinted as he adjusted to the bright light in the hallway.

"Stupid fucking summer." Kenma whispered as he peeked. No one was there to his relief and it was a big help in avoiding as much people as possible.

The boy settled for a white shirt with a print that says 'basic', khaki knee length shorts, and a pair of black vans. Though Kenma wanted to, he couldn't wear his jacket and tied it around his waist instead. With that, he was off.

The plan to take a walk around Tokyo was canceled and Kenma was off to the lake as he awaited his hourglass to turn upside down.